Fixed Role token created with zero targets on controller's side (Splashy Spellcaster, Shatter the Oath, Protective Parents)

AlexZaragoza

Playing Wilds of Eldraine Draft League. After Protective Parents [WOE] die. If the owner of Protective Parents does not control any other creatures and the opponent does, the role token does not let the game contiue until its attached to an opponent's creature. It also won't let selecting 0 creatures.

The card Protective parents says that the Young Hero Role it creates can be attached to UP to one target creature YOU control.

This happened repeatedly through a league today (3 games total).

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexZaragoza

p2toqrV.png

doublec

There was a phenomenon that seems to be a bug related to 《Splashy Spellcaster》.
I was playing in a BO1 draft league, and my opponent cast 《Into the Fae Court》 while controlling 《Splashy Spellcaster》, and 《Splashy Spellcaster》 gained Sorcerer Role token.
At league#7691 Match#261714322 Game#850157206.

LightningDolt

With only a single Splashy Spellcaster and no other creatures in play, my opponent was able to put a Sorcerer Role on the Spellcaster when resolving its triggered ability despite the "other target creature" specification.

Nando

This exact scenario happened to me aswell, Shatter the Oath is also bugged with the targeting as if you cast it with no creatures in play it will require you to place a role on your opponent's creature.