Fixed MTGO will not load on VM

Tweaker

Dear DGB,

I'm currently running VMware 17.5.0 build-22583795. Prior to today's downtime and the new MTGO build, I was able to successfully run multiple instances on my virtual machine. However, since today's update, I have been unable to progress beyond the initial Magic the Gathering Online (MTGO) screen.

[Insert Image URL: ]

The virtual machine becomes completely inoperable, making it impossible to click on anything while MTGO struggles to load.

I have already taken the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. Ensured that my Windows 10 operating system is up-to-date.
  2. Ran the System File Checker (SFC), which reported no errors.
Despite these efforts, the problem persists. I would appreciate any assistance or insights into resolving this issue with VMware and MTGO after the recent update. Thank you in advance for your help.

Tweaker

I want to share some additional information to the post. It took approximately 30 minutes from launch to close. Once MTGO closed, the CPU utilization went from 100% solid back down to normal 1% idle.

Please advise.

omair00

I'm having the same problem. So it's not your specific operating system that's the problem. I'm just running normal Windows.

Tweaker

I have done a fresh installation of Windows 10. This does not correct the behavior. It appears to be an issue with multi-processor handling. We have 4 physical machines who can only run 1 instance of Magic Online at 100%.

Tweaker

I'm proud to report that today's new build has corrected the MTGO issues. Thank you to the DBG team for all of their efforts in saving this community. :cheers: