Lord of the Rings set on Magic Online ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow_Patrol

Hello there,
first time posting here so if im doing anything wrong just let me know.
Yesterday there was the announcement about the Lord of the Rings set everyone is highly anticipating and on the first look it seems really nicely done.
In the announcements there were given Dates with the Tabletol launch as well as MTG Arena launch. If my memory serves me correctly the first time the set was announced sometime last year, the Developer said it will be on Magic Online, here it is mentioned as well although no official source (https://mtg.fandom.com/wiki/The_Lord_of_the_Rings:_Tales_of_Middle-Earth)
Since there was no info about that yesterday to my knowledge, my question:

Will there be the Lord of The Rings Set on Magic Online like every other set release (Draft/Sealed etc.)?
Will it be only through Treasure Chests or sth?
Or ist it not planned any longer on MTGO? That would be a shame, since the set is modern legal as well as legacy, Vintage, Commander etc. and MTGO is the only platform where you can play these formats. As well as the fact that paper and Online would desynchronize so there would be less incentive to play these formats on MTGO anymore.
I would gladly appreciate if you could say sth. about this because im sure a lot of players are unsure about this and want to have this set on MTGO.

Best regards,
Snow_Patrol

Last edited by a moderator:

PhantomNomadMTG

MTGO's biggest advantage over Arena is Modern/Legacy/Vintage/Pauper contructed formats, so for the sake of format integrity I really hope LOTR set will be available in MTGO. I will support it with my money by purchasing some product and/or participating in limited events, and I am sure lots of other players are planning the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.