Keeps Reinstalling

Neo001992

Something is wrong with the client, and it keeps on asking to be reinstalled without me uninstalling it prior. My client has asked to be reinstalled twice so far.

Pictured is the most recent request to be reinstalled even though the program is already on my taskbar right beside the install window.

Tweaker

As of 8/26/2023 the reinstall continues to plague us. We are up to date on all windows updates. Sorry for the weekend news, I empathize with bug hunters.

Tweaker

The thread was removed despite the reinstallation issue continuing to plague us on a daily basis. @mtg_tonyM Have you heard any additional updates?

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
We will look into this issue again today

As a workaround, we encourage you to get your settings the way you want them, then Export them to your Desktop using the button on the Settings page (gear icon)
1693494947257.png

Then if you have to reinstall later, use the Import button to get your Settings back to your preferences.

Neo001992

Is there any progress on this? Being able to import options is nice, but having to change the size of and where the stack and trigger windows appear in game gets a little more frustrating each time because it's just going to be reset in a day or so when I have to reinstall again.

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
My version of windows did get an update, but the client is still asking to be reinstalled about every other day.
1) Could you confirm your current version of Win10 is build #3448?
2) Is the precursor to having to reinstall seeing the MTGO logo turn into a generic app logo on the Desktop?

Neo001992

1) Could you confirm your current version of Win10 is build #3448?
2) Is the precursor to having to reinstall seeing the MTGO logo turn into a generic app logo on the Desktop?
Current OS Build is 19045.3448

My client in the past during this issue has switched to a generic logo indicating that it would ask for a reinstall, but recently the program icon does not shift from being the normal modo icon when it asks to be reinstalled.