Improving friendly sealed leagues

PhantomNomadMTG

Waiting times in queue can be really high in friendly sealed. Some ideas to improve that:

1. Less stages overall
2. Combine with competitive league and have only one sealed league

Also one thing that sucks is you can get paired to the same opponent multiple times. So if you meet opponent with super good deck 2 or more times during one league it just feels bad. I think this would get fixed with the ideas above at least partially.

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
We are looking at dropping down to 2 stages instead of 3.
The Leagues do serve different purposes, though queue health is a thing about which we need to be mindful.

PhantomNomadMTG

I believe that less stages is step in good direction. Not sure about the payouts though. Might be too early to tell, but at first glance the LOTR friendly sealed's payout structure requires very high win percentage to break even, which may mean less players in the queue.

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
I believe that less stages is step in good direction. Not sure about the payouts though. Might be too early to tell, but at first glance the LOTR friendly sealed's payout structure requires very high win percentage to break even, which may mean less players in the queue.
Took another look, bumping up prizes for 6, 5, and 3 wins

PhantomNomadMTG

Took another look, bumping up prizes for 6, 5, and 3 wins
Any chances you could take another look at WOE's prizes? Seems like prizes will be worse than it was during LOTR... for 6:0 you only get 280pp (entry is 240pp) and for 5:1 you get 220p so not even enough to get your entry back.

Or is the incentive to guide players more towards the competitive league?

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
The values listed are accurate - don't forget there are also WOE prize boosters for 4 wins and higher and that you are opening 6 boosters (opened sealed product is always factored into prize pools)