Confirmed Daze is bugged: You have to choose "no" for two times to get countered

nagizero

Daze has been bugged for a while: when your spell gets dazed and you do not pay the {1} for it, you press the "no" button. Normally, this shall get the spell countered immediately. But now when you choose "no", the same choice will pop up again, and you have to press the new "no" button for a second time.
I think the bug has been around for about 2 months. Please be informed!

Upvote 11

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
The way we understand this bug is that it doesn't materially affect gameplay - that is, if you pay the mana you aren't prompted a second time. Is that correct?

This is just a copy of the other bug about how "unless player X (opponent) pays mana". It affects Mystic remora, rhystic study, esper sentinel, and Smothering tithe, and many others. Should just be one super bug (that has been around the last 2-3 months). And yes it affects gameplay. Pershaps a non-player like a developer would not understand that. But clicking and extra 100-200 times for me, and for player 2, and for player 3, when the client is already 10 years out of date (was out of date before it's release. shiny/v3) it majorly affects gameplay.
All these cards are commander staples. You want to be a commander platform? You can't leave commander staples busted like that forever. Already bad enough with how many commander staples stopped working last month.

ManaDrainThis

In addition to Daze, Smothering Tithe, Rhystic Study, Mystic Remora, Esper Sentinel, etc. I can confirm this bug also affects Spell Pierce.

Akaleth

The way we understand this bug is that it doesn't materially affect gameplay - that is, if you pay the mana you aren't prompted a second time. Is that correct?
I have found a subsequent issue related to this that does materially affect gameplay.

When playing against a Tabernacle, I declined the first prompt to pay for my creature A. I then floated mana, intending to pay for my other creature B, but before I had declined the second prompt for creature A. When I declined the second prompt for creature A, the floating mana disappeared from my mana pool, despite not being used on anything, and creature A still died.

Event #254630172, Game #821540456

Last edited:

ManaDrainThis

Also this bug affects all the counterspells that require a player to pay mana to prevent their spell from being countered. So in addition to Daze & Spell Pierce it also impacts Mystic Confluence, Force Spike, Miscalculation, and a bunch more like that.