Fixed Coalition Relic lets you add a mana even when there's no charge counter on it

r10pez10

Match # 259596838
Game # 841593440

Hello!
Was in a game today when I noticed that Coalition Relic prompts me to add some mana when I reach my precombat main phase.
Cheers,
-- r10pez01

ManaDrainThis

Just tested this and can confirm that Coalition Relic is bugged, as r10pez10 noted. It lets you add an extra mana during your precombat main phase regardless of whether or not you put a charge counter on it the previous turn.

ManaDrainThis

Some more info on this. This bug only seems to appear if you first add a charge counter to the relic on the turn you cast it. Then you will get the extra mana as expected on the following turn, but also get an extra mana on each subsequent turn regardless of whether or not you put a charge counter on it.

But if you instead do not put a charge counter on it the turn it enters play (and just tap it for mana instead), it correctly doesn’t give you the extra mana on the subsequent turn.

ManaDrainThis

Just tested…can confirm that this bug still impacts Coalition Relic.

A recent blog post (June 20th Patch Notes) also said the GY order bug was fixed for the cards it impacts, but that one is also unfortunately still around for all of those cards.

GwennieMacrae

I checked it a few times and sure enough, like if I use the Coalition Relic for mana on my opponents turn during my main phase I get the extra mana from Relic as if I put a charge counter on it.

Last edited:

Angeliana

Senior Community Manager
Community Team
Thank you for the report, this is a known issue and is due to be fixed with CMM.

ManaDrainThis

Looks like it wasn’t applied. But the status of the other thread very recently (within the last 2-3 days) changed from “confirmed” to “in progress,” and so I’m sure they’re working on it now.