Could Not Reproduce Chandra, Torch of defiance bugged in Vintage Cube

Daan7782

I am playing a game of Vintage Cube and noticed that Chandra, Torch of Defiance is bugged. I used the +1 ability to exile a card, exile Orcish Lumberjack which I could cast, but couldn't click on the card to cast it.

Is it possible to get a refund for the league I joined?

The game information is: league 7723, match 262716065, game 854143718

ManaDrainThis

Just tested Chandra in solitaire mode and wasn’t able to replicate this. I was able to use Chandra’s +1 to successfully cast multiple cards exiled off the top of my library, including Orcish Lumberjack.

Valery

I finished a Vintage Cube match recently and I had a bug experience with Chandra, Torch of Defiance that I would like to share. The bug didn't cost me the match, but I think it can't be ignored. The first ability [+1 Exile the top card of your library. (...) deals 2 damage to each opponent.] it's not working as it should be when you don't cast the exiled card. THE OPPONENT IT'S NOT LOOSING 2 LIFE WHEN YOU DON'T CAST THE EXILED CARD.

I have registred five moments of the League #7723, Match #262802777, Game 3 #854506754.

These moments can be seeing here: Chandra, Torch of Defiance's Bug Demonstration

Images 1 and 2, shows the first ability working correctly. The card exiled from the top was Rankle, Master of Pranks and I succefully cast the card from the Exile Zone. The Images 3, 4 and 5 demonstrates the bug, especially the Image 3. This image shows that a land was exiled from the top and even if I wanted to put it into play I wouldn't be able to do it, because the first ability usually (and correctly) don't work with lands, so the only choice was to say NO and then the opponent would loose 2 life, but as you can see through Images 4 and 5, nothing happens. I +1 Grist, the Hunger Tide to make an Insect token and then I casted Dauthi Voidwalker after using Chandra's first ability. MY OPPONENT BEFORE CHANDRA'S FIRST ABILITY HAD 12 LIFE AND AFTER THAT THERE WASN'T LIFE LOSS. MY OPPONENT STAYED AT 12.

As I said, this bug didn't cost me the game or the match, but I think it's relevant and it should be fixed.​

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
I finished a Vintage Cube match recently and I had a bug experience with Chandra, Torch of Defiance that I would like to share. The bug didn't cost me the match, but I think it can't be ignored. The first ability [+1 Exile the top card of your library. (...) deals 2 damage to each opponent.] it's not working as it should be when you don't cast the exiled card. THE OPPONENT IT'S NOT LOOSING 2 LIFE WHEN YOU DON'T CAST THE EXILED CARD.

I have registred five moments of the League #7723, Match #262802777, Game 3 #854506754.

These moments can be seeing here: Chandra, Torch of Defiance's Bug Demonstration

Images 1 and 2, shows the first ability working correctly. The card exiled from the top was Rankle, Master of Pranks and I succefully cast the card from the Exile Zone. The Images 3, 4 and 5 demonstrates the bug, especially the Image 3. This image shows that a land was exiled from the top and even if I wanted to put it into play I wouldn't be able to do it, because the first ability usually (and correctly) don't work with lands, so the only choice was to say NO and then the opponent would loose 2 life, but as you can see through Images 4 and 5, nothing happens. I +1 Grist, the Hunger Tide to make an Insect token and then I casted Dauthi Voidwalker after using Chandra's first ability. MY OPPONENT BEFORE CHANDRA'S FIRST ABILITY HAD 12 LIFE AND AFTER THAT THERE WASN'T LIFE LOSS. MY OPPONENT STAYED AT 12.

As I said, this bug didn't cost me the game or the match, but I think it's relevant and it should be fixed.​
Replay shows the opponent cast The One Ring the turn prior to you activating Chandra as described. They could not be damaged on that turn.