Could Not Reproduce Casting Tarmogoyf Locks Up Client and times you out

Twice in Vintage Event #268327440. In Game #876562234 and Game#876566928.

I cast Future Sight Tarmogoyf as a 2/3 vs a Lurrus Companioned opponent and the game froze. When I attempted to log in the match would appear but never connect and freeze again. The home page also didnt load. I was stuck frozen until my inactivity timer ran out and I lost the game. These matches appear in my logs as Game Type Uninitialized and 1-1-1 and 0-1-1 as results.

You can find the video recording of this happening at

This also happened in Game #876568388 as a 3/4 also vs Lurrus. So power tougness doesnt matter. Will try vs not lurrus in practice after I timeout

Can confirm other plays have cast gofy with lurrus as op and did not break the client.

I will do a full clean reinstall after some tests

Last edited:

Firedrake

I cast Future Sight Tarmogoyf as a 2/3 vs a Lurrus Companioned opponent and the game froze.

As Neo pointed out, there are a number of cards from Future Sight that cause this type problem. Are you able to test with a different version of Tarmogoyf? (I noticed on Goatbots the price of the Future Sight Tarmogoyf is dropping, whereas some of the other versions cost twice as much. Apparently this issue is still occurring for others as well.)

Neo001992

As Neo pointed out, there are a number of cards from Future Sight that cause this type problem. Are you able to test with a different version of Tarmogoyf? (I noticed on Goatbots the price of the Future Sight Tarmogoyf is dropping, whereas some of the other versions cost twice as much. Apparently this issue is still occurring for others as well.)
Funnily enough I went and tried to play my Future Sight printing of Tarmogoyf after I saw this thread, and at least in the solitaire game I tried it in my copy worked just fine (Even though this has effected me in the past). I can see why all the other posts get marked as 'Could Not Reproduce" even though it's clearly happening to the people who report it because it seems to be an intermittent problem without a clear cause.

Kind of like the few posts about how the client wouldn't let them cast Abrade.