Declined Why not have Battles in regular layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

42en

I know the paper versions have the battles in the same way mtgo uses them atm, but it is kind of annoying to have to tilt my head or use right click to actually be able to read those things online. With physical cards I can get behind Battles using the current layout as it is easy to turn the card sideways, but in my opinion on a PC this is just a very irritating hassle.

I just saw a video with a deck using of Battle cards on Arena (don't play Arena, don't like it...)... and apparently there they got all the Battle cards using the usual layout for cards. Why is that not possible for mtgo as well? After all it's a digital product, so it should be possible (unless there's some legal issues, but seeing that WoTC uses a different version of Battle cards for Arena, I feel like at least asking if it is possible is quite reasonable).

42en

Screenshot from an MTG Arena video (bonus points if you you can guess from which streamer's video I took the screenie):

EcwbbY8.jpg

Clearly the Battles use regular frames when they are in a players hand. And iirc Arena also uses this layout in the collection. When the cards are on the battlefield, they use the paper style horizontal layout.

I think this would be a good way on mtgo as well. Have them use horizontal on the battlefield and vertical layout everywhere else (in players hand and in the collection, exile, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.