We want Vintage Cube all year round - Here are some ideas

il_matagatto

I do get the "McRib" vs. "Big Mac" comparison (thanks, MTGO_Tony). It would not be special anymore, etc.

Now picture this: Vintage Cube, all year round. You can play every other format of Constructed every day, so why not Limited?

This is by far the most popular format you have got. I have friends of mine who would not even open the client, once the Vintage Cube was taken away. I have no idea if this colludes with your marketing strategy for the release of new sets, but if done properly, why would it hurt it? If people do not want to play that much Ravnica Remastered is simply because cards are worth nothing. And I'm sure you saw the numbers of active players decrease dramatically since the Vintage Cube was taken out on the 27th.

So now the question would be how to go from "McRib" to "Big Mac". Here are some ideas:

a) Change the list every month. The last curation of the Cube was fantastic. Next month, Twin Combo could come back. Some other thing could go out. Replacement of archetypes makes it so that every month you get a fresh feeling and need to figure out the new cube.

b) Engage players into making such changes. Ask them which cards should go in and which cards should go out. This would generate even more interest.

c) Have a big Vintage Cube tournament every month. I know this could be hard to do, as it would be the same logic of 64 man to something even bigger. But it would be fantastic, and certainly feel like it's something people would really enjoy.

d) Deepen collaborations with players such like Alphafrog and put their take on Vintage Cube as a feature some months.

Thank you and hope this post generates engagement.

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
Thank you for the ideas - we understand that for a growing amount of players, MTGO is basically the Vintage Cube machine. While we get that and have grown our Vintage Cube offerings, we also need to prioritize the new cards and our Constructed formats at times too.

We have some other ideas for how to implement this without it becoming so dominant that we're not yet ready to share. Through that lens, I can answer some of these definitively:

a) There are communication challenges with changing the list every month. Where we are at right now (quarterly refresh with a polish pass) is about the limit of how often we want to change the list. That way, the community can digest it, formulate strategies on it, and then properly enjoy it.

b) We've tested some ways of doing this in the past and it's something we'll keep in our back pocket.

c) There may be something to that, but we are running into severe congestion on weekends between Challenges, 64s (when they run), and Premier events. If there were enough folks who would play high-stakes Vintage Cube and not also play in the Premier system, then it'd be worth considering.

d) This is part of our overarching plan

il_matagatto

Thank you for the ideas - we understand that for a growing amount of players, MTGO is basically the Vintage Cube machine. While we get that and have grown our Vintage Cube offerings, we also need to prioritize the new cards and our Constructed formats at times too.

We have some other ideas for how to implement this without it becoming so dominant that we're not yet ready to share. Through that lens, I can answer some of these definitively:

a) There are communication challenges with changing the list every month. Where we are at right now (quarterly refresh with a polish pass) is about the limit of how often we want to change the list. That way, the community can digest it, formulate strategies on it, and then properly enjoy it.

b) We've tested some ways of doing this in the past and it's something we'll keep in our back pocket.

c) There may be something to that, but we are running into severe congestion on weekends between Challenges, 64s (when they run), and Premier events. If there were enough folks who would play high-stakes Vintage Cube and not also play in the Premier system, then it'd be worth considering.

d) This is part of our overarching plan
I really appreciate your response. I felt listened as a player and as a customer. Many thanks.