Fixed Titan of Industry Shield counter

zOOrg89

So I'm playing Vintage cube draft and in two times in one match this odd bug occurs. I've played Titan of Industry and made a shield counter on my Questing Beast. When Questing Beast then would die in combat, instead of just removing a Shield counter from it, instead the shield counter is removed and my opponent gained control over Questing Beast.

In game 3 of the same match the same thing happened where my opponent had copied my Titan of Industry and put a shield counter on his copy. When the two Titans then met in battled mine died and his lost it's shield counter and I gained control over his creature.

This let me to later in the same tournament chose not to use Shield counters when I put the Titan of Industry into play and made the whole game experience worse. Hopefully this bug can get fixed so nobody else is affected.

Best regards Tobias.

Chaotic

I played a Titan of Industry, put a shield counter on it, and made a rhino token. My opponent pinged it with Wrenn and Six, which caused him to gain control of it.

fireshoes

Yes, it seems that the shield damage prevention effect is exchanging control of the creature instead.
F45JmtJX0AA4OQI
F45JoicXIAACnLg

BEasyBG

Hey,
I've now played two separate games where I have casted "persist" on a Titan of Industry, chosen the option to make a 4/4 and put a shield counter on the Titan. In both games, once the Titan took any damage, it went over to my opponent's side of the battlefield and gave them control. In neither situation did it ever take lethal damage either. The glitch cost me 2 games in 2 separate matches.

aquacode

I also had this bug happen to me. Someone is linking to this thread from other people reporting this bug. If you end up here, please upvote and comment to give it more attention

aquacode

Had a bug occur during a vitnage cube league where when the rhino token lost its shield counter, my opponent gained control of it. Here is a thread where someone else experienced it. If you come across it, please give this thread an upvote to give it attention.

Vaminer

everytime you put a shield counter on a creature and the creature loses, the creature ends up being on the opponents side. Extreme glitch this happens to me everytime.

Jenny_1

I also experienced this. Like aquacode, in my case, there was no Titan of Industry involved. It was a Swooping Protector blocking a Steel Exemplar:
Considering this, I'd suggest renaming this topic to something like "Shield counter exchanges control of creature."

aquacode

I also experienced this. Like aquacode, in my case, there was no Titan of Industry involved. It was a Swooping Protector blocking a Steel Exemplar:
Considering this, I'd suggest renaming this topic to something like "Shield counter exchanges control of creature."
From what I've been seeing, it's only the titan's shield counter causing this. Other shield counters don't have this issue. But interestingly, it doesn't seem to matter what creature the shield counter is on, only that it comes from the titan of industry.