Purchase Play Points

hownotto

Hello,

It would be really nice if we could buy 10 play points for 1 ticket or pay entry fees by paying a mix of play points and tickets.

I'm sure there are hundreds like me who have stray play points just sitting there unable to be used.

Please can we have this feature?

ManaDrainThis

So the best thing for you to do if you have like 90-95 play points and just need 5-10 more for an entry is to buy treasure chests from one of the bots (like Goatbots) in the Trade section. Each treasure chest has a minimum of 5 play points, and often quite a bit more (if you’re lucky).

42en

So the best thing for you to do if you have like 90-95 play points and just need 5-10 more for an entry is to buy treasure chests from one of the bots (like Goatbots) in the Trade section. Each treasure chest has a minimum of 5 play points, and often quite a bit more (if you’re lucky).

Chests usually have a rather bad rate, though. You can get hosed quite a bit if you get one of the happy little chests with 5 PPs and one of the thousands 0.005 tix bulk rares.

Sure, from time to time you can get lucky and find something worth a couple tix, but from my experience, chests are rather bad EV. And I really like to gamble on chests from time to time, buying around 40 chests, selling contents to buy more chests, etc… but after about 3-4 cycles you often run dry, ending up with several hundred PPs and maybe one or two good cards you don‘t want to sell… best time to spent those PPs is release day of a new set, so you at least get some value back, when the buy prices are still good… usually those prices drop within few days for 95% of cards from a set. If you don‘t use the PPs to actually play and maybe make something back via the prices, this is a rather lose approach to the economy and not really recommended.

Not sure, how this works out for even higher amounts of chests, but I would suppose it‘s usually even worse.

ManaDrainThis

Yeah buying chests isn’t going to make you money in most cases. Just an option to get some play points when you need them.

Toxic Stench

This change would fly in the face of the monetization strategy of Magic Online. It could possibly have legal or accounting ramifications. The whole point of multiple currencies where only some are tradable is to create inefficiencies that encourage the customer to spend and to distance Magic from gambling (by paying out a prize you cannot buy or sell).

ManaDrainThis

This change would fly in the face of the monetization strategy of Magic Online. It could possibly have legal or accounting ramifications. The whole point of multiple currencies where only some are tradable is to create inefficiencies that encourage the customer to spend and to distance Magic from gambling (by paying out a prize you cannot buy or sell).
Lol, you’re saying the quiet part out loud :p

Mikey

the legal issues are probably why this can't happen unfortunately
iirc it was like your event can't give out a prize like event tickets which are so adjacent to money so they had to make play points