Fixed Open games at top of list

GwennieMacrae

For whatever reason, new open matches seem to often be all the way at the bottom of the screen where they're hard to see. Sometimes they're off screen completely and at the literal bottom where you'd have to scroll to see them.

I think it's maybe a weird thing with a recent update cause it didn't use to do this. But would be cool if newly created and open matches were on top again.

GwennieMacrae

Yeah, this def stinks. A lot of times I gotta like cancel and recreate games until one of them finally puts my game at least close to the top where its visible without scrolling.

GwennieMacrae

I swear this really is getting worse. I use to eventually be able to randomly get a game near the top if I kept canceling the game and trying to make a new one over and over until it decided to put one at the top. Where as now I swear it seems like once it's decided to throw you near the bottom it just always will.

I rarely can get a game to be near the top anymore.

Firedrake

Did all the Solitaire games suddenly showing up in the Open queues coincide with them making Direct Challenge matches viewable by non-participants?

ManaDrainThis

Did all the Solitaire games suddenly showing up in the Open queues coincide with them making Direct Challenge matches viewable by non-participants?
I’m not sure about the timing, but that’s possible. Just to clarify, while I agree with you that the solitaire games on there is annoying, allowing for non-participants to view the Direct Challenge matches was a very nice improvement, and I’d definitely like to see that retained.

Firedrake

Being able to view Direct Challenges was indeed a welcome improvement. But if the coding causes both to be necessary, or we get neither, I'd vote to back out the change and clear up the game queues. So... one vote for, one against? ;^)

GwennieMacrae

I do for real hope we can get this fixed soon. TBH it's getting so bad a lotta times I just turn MTGO off and give up cause it takes too long to find a game and I almost never can get my open game to be anywhere near the top.

milky

Yeah, this is getting worse, didn't mind it much before but the games just jump all across the screen when trying to find a open commander game.

Firedrake

AND... what's the point of all the completed games hanging around, with the un-clickable Replay button? Nobody can use it but the participants, and they can do that from their Game History page. Seriously, it's really time to clean up the queues. No Watchers, Replay, Solitaire... they really serve no purpose but to muddy the waters.

ManaDrainThis

AND... what's the point of all the completed games hanging around, with the un-clickable Replay button? Nobody can use it but the participants, and they can do that from their Game History page. Seriously, it's really time to clean up the queues. No Watchers, Replay, Solitaire... they really serve no purpose but to muddy the waters.
Agree on purging the solitaire and completed games. Don’t agree on purging any active game tho. Allowing friends to watch your games (including direct challenges) was a big improvement.

Firedrake

I agree allowing watchers to direct challenges was a welcome improvement. It just appeared to me when that went into effect was when all the Solitaire games started clogging up the queues, and I somehow feel the same code-tweaking affected both. Just a hunch...