Foray of Orcs Bugged

Aldreen

Opponent casts foray of orcs, with the reflexive damage trigger (deal damage equal to its power) on the stack, cast deceive the messenger on the army token. When the trigger resolved, 1 damage was dealt when it shouldn't.

Game ID: 842987042
Untitled.png

Upvote 2

DillanR

When playing the lord of the rings card Foray of Orcs, the damage dealt by the cards additional trigger will not match the power of the orc army. This has happened to me two separate occasions with slightly different events leading up to it:

1st Bug: After casting deceive the messager (-3/-0 to target creature) on the orc token in response to the foray damage trigger, the damage dealt was still the full unadjusted power of the army. The deceive the messager reduced the orc's power to -1, but the foray still dealt 2 damage to my creature.

2nd Bug: I owned a 2/2 orc token, my opponent cast foray of orcs will no orc of their own on the table, in response to the damage trigger, I cast deceive the messager on a separate 2/2 goblin owned by my opponent to make my orc army a 3/3, the foray proceeded to still do lethal damage to my 3/3 instead of just dealing 2 damage.

HeyImBADD

I encounterd the same bug using "Slip on the Ring" to proc "Dunland Crebain" etb trigger. This would make my army 4/4 before "Foray of Orcs" resolves dealing 2 dmg. Despite this my army was destroyed. I've included a screenshot with the game log as well.

The board state after my army died