Could Not Reproduce Failed to activate "Desert"'s activated ability

konohakitsune

I came up with a bug in my otj draft league. It's about the card "Desert". (this card: https://www.tcgplayer.com/product/284322/magic-the-list-reprints-desert?Language=English&page=1)
In game 875508382, turn 9 and turn 10, my opponent attack me with a creature, at turn 9 I forgot to set stop at "End Combat", so I missed the opportunity to activate my Desert. But at turn 10, although I set stop at "End Combat", I still cannot activate it.
In game 875509480, same bug occured in turn 11. My opponent attack me with 2 4/2 creatures, I blocked it with one 1/2 and tried to activate the desert to kill it, but my end combat phase was passed automaticly.
Although I win at these two game, I think I spent more time and effort due to this bug :(

Neo001992

Desert seems to function as expected in testing. This sounds like a case of not having a stop set in the right place, or passing priority through a new stop that you're not used to having.

I've had a few buddies have this exact same problem when they've played decks with Reconnaissance in them, and they kept accidentally passing through the new stop they weren't used to having. I still do it occasionally myself when I haven't played my Alesha deck with Reconnaissance in it for a while when the card comes up.

Event#268055988 Game#875525138

konohakitsune

Do you have the Stop set at your opponent's End Combat phase (not your own)?
I'm sure I set up stops at End Combat phase on both sides after first time I missed it in game 875508382. But after I set it, my End Combat phases were still pass automaticly. I think maybe the bug is not related to the card Desert but related to the stop setting didn't take effect.

ManaDrainThis

I'm sure I set up stops at End Combat phase on both sides after first time I missed it in game 875508382. But after I set it, my End Combat phases were still pass automaticly. I think maybe the bug is not related to the card Desert but related to the stop setting didn't take effect.
I’d give this another try if I were you…