daretti ingenious iconoclast UI

Avacad0

i just lost a game because the UI for daretti is incorrect. daretti has you choose targets before sacrificing, which is not correct, and is worded the exact same way as grist the hunger tide, which has you choose the creature to sacrifice first. I just lost a vintage cube draft because of this.

ManaDrainThis

Strongly agree that the UI implementation for Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast is very confusing and unintuitive, considering how the card is worded.

I raised that issue with a suggestion back in January: https://forums.mtgo.com/index.php?threads/re-code-daretti-ingenious-iconoclast’s-1-ability.487/#post-1680

Apparently it will require an Oracle text update from Wizards to make this happen. If enough folks upvote this thread it could encourage them to do so.

Neo001992

I can definitely see how the interface can be frustrating because Grist uses the new wording to make it a reflexive trigger, but isn't Daretti coded the exact same way all of the Bone Splinters variations are? Picking your target and then making your sacrifice seems to be the common templating.

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
Grist has "when you do" with a reflexive trigger - do the sacrifice, then the trigger targets
Daretti has "if you do" - by rule, you choose targets first, then on resolution you decided if you want to sacrifice an artifact to actually make it happen

UI would require a rule change. Now, adding a confirmation step when targeting your own thing is a good Suggestion - so this is being moved there