Commander-Specific Wishlist - Add to MTGO

42en

Any plans to add some missing old-school stuff?

A couple of the more obscure cards from the early expansions from Arabian Nights up to Alliances weren't included in the Masters Edition set releases.

Like for example...
Season of the Witch (!)
Initiates of the Ebon Hand
Soldevi Adnate
Agent of Stromgald
Fatal Lore
Keeper of Tresserhorn
Library of Lat-Nam
Misfortune
Lim-Duls Paladin (!)
Mind Bomb (!)
Wand of Ith (!)
Backdraft (!)

The list of missing things is even longer than this (doubt anyone would miss some of the real stinkers, but a few are quite playable).

Don't think a lot of those would see play, except in some niche Commander decks, but Season of the Witch would be really sweet for Mono B Devotion piles for example. And Blasphemous Act players will love Backdraft. ;-)

tuprewm

I also agree with Sacrifice, as it's played in Pauper Commander, as well as a playable in cEDH and cPDH (Pauper commander, competitive)

SnapMulligan

Indeed, our priority is the Commander deck backlog from the last two years, as well as getting in Universes Beyond stuff in when we can. We are also looking for opportunities to do unique things like the TRANSFORMERS Bundle we announced last month coming out on 11/15.

Balancing all of that against individual card bugs that crop up plus older bugs is a daily challenge.
I’m so glad to hear you are trying to get universes beyond cards in. Can I personally request the Stranger Things cards please? I use so many in my commander decks. Even if they are the magic universe equivalents, that’d be totally fine! Thanks for your hard work!

GwennieMacrae

Heh im pretty sure its JUST me and maybe a few other players who want it for this one specific fringe deck. But it would be sooooo cool if we could get Dark Sphere on here.

I’m so glad to hear you are trying to get universes beyond cards in. Can I personally request the Stranger Things cards please? I use so many in my commander decks. Even if they are the magic universe equivalents, that’d be totally fine! Thanks for your hard work!
the universes within version of Stranger Things is on the client!

Neo001992

I would like to toss Season of the Witch, Altar of Bone, and the cards from the D&D movie secret lair to the list. A recent game from The Command Zone is yet another example of four decks that cannot be played on modo even if you wanted to because of a few pre-Mirage cards that are missing, mechanically unique secret lair cards that we likely won't get until the realms within versions get made, and a number of cards from the commander backlog that haven't been added yet.

Floben

Requesting Keen Duelist from Commander 21 and Storm of Souls from Crimson Vow Commander. Both are fun staples and Storm of Souls is hard to replace!

With Warhammer 40k and Doctor who having issues, will there also be issues with Fallout or Lara Croft on MTGO? Are we going to get the Universes Within Street Fighter cards, or plans for the D&D honor among thieves Secret Lair? I know a lot of this stuff is out of your Daybreaks hands, I'm just concerned about the disconnect between paper and mtgo and feel like mtgo can shine when that disconnect is small and not as large as it currently is. .

Did the Lost Caverns of Ixilan Commander cards not make it to MTGO? I was putting cards together to make a Tetzin, Gnome Champion flip deck, and can't seem to find him anywhere.

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
are there plans for the universes within versions of the Street Fighter Cards yet?
These are officially in the Commander Backlog
Did the Lost Caverns of Ixilan Commander cards not make it to MTGO? I was putting cards together to make a Tetzin, Gnome Champion flip deck, and can't seem to find him anywhere.
About half the cards were implemented with LCI in November (see this article). The rest are in the Commander Backlog.
Would love to see Jumpstart 2022 finally be added, as well as some older commander stuff like Koskun Falls.
J22 hasn't even made it to the Commander Backlog stage yet.
Esix is huge on my want list. I play it in paper but would love to play it online as well.
We tried to get Esix with MKC but it was far too complex to code. It's on the Commander Backlog but is near the bottom of that list.
With Warhammer 40k and Doctor who having issues, will there also be issues with Fallout or Lara Croft on MTGO? Are we going to get the Universes Within Street Fighter cards, or plans for the D&D honor among thieves Secret Lair? I know a lot of this stuff is out of your Daybreaks hands, I'm just concerned about the disconnect between paper and mtgo and feel like mtgo can shine when that disconnect is small and not as large as it currently is. .
Secret Lairs are not currently planned to come to MTGO. Universes Within (UW) versions of mechanically-unique cards within Secret Lair will come to MTGO on or after UW release in paper as team bandwidth allows. (i.e. if UW version doesn't exist yet, it can't yet be on MTGO).

Universes Beyond sets are handled on a case-by-case basis depending on partner contracts.

MTGO_TonyM

Developer

EnforcerX

These are officially in the Commander Backlog

About half the cards were implemented with LCI in November (see this article). The rest are in the Commander Backlog.

J22 hasn't even made it to the Commander Backlog stage yet.

We tried to get Esix with MKC but it was far too complex to code. It's on the Commander Backlog but is near the bottom of that list.

Secret Lairs are not currently planned to come to MTGO. Universes Within (UW) versions of mechanically-unique cards within Secret Lair will come to MTGO on or after UW release in paper as team bandwidth allows. (i.e. if UW version doesn't exist yet, it can't yet be on MTGO).

Universes Beyond sets are handled on a case-by-case basis depending on partner contracts.
Thanks for the updates Tony! Appreciate all the work you and the team have put in.

Regarding Jumpstart 2022, would it be possible to just request a single card from the set? Would love to have Conductor of Cacophony.

milky

Tony, thank you for the reply. I'll hold hope for Esix to make it but I get why that could be hard to code. I'll just love my paper deck. Thank you.

Argh! Now you tell me. I literally just bought the deck online to find out the entire reason I bought it was not there. Silly me, checking the decklist for the precon and getting excited. I'm beyond disappointed.

For what its worth, I really think you should note that the product differs from the decklists that are out there. I found no way to check the cards that were included in the purchase, I just checked the pre-con decklist and said hells yeah! If there was at least a note "Esix has been replaced by" (what replaced it? I don't even know) I would have known I didn't want to drop the cash on it. I literally paid $30 for Esix and Esix alone.

Last edited: