Confirmed Collection tab Search function

Firedrake

In the past, I used to be able to search for an exact phrase by putting it in quotes (e.g, "a creature or land card from among them") and get a return of only the cards that had that exact phrase on them. Today I notice searching for anything in quotes ("look at the top four cards") now returns absolutely no cards at all. I just noticed it today, so surmise it may have something to do with recent updates?

Upvote 0
I don't know how this used to work but I just tested it on my client and I see that if you do not use quotes it seems to work fine. If your search query is only one word long then quotes are also fine. Search queries with quotes that contain multiple words long or multiple sets of quotation marks return no results.

"Deathtouch" works as expected.
Deathtouch flying works as expected.
You may return an island works as expected.
"Deathtouch" "flying" returns no results.
"You may return an island" returns no results.

Neo001992

I've noticed a change in the search function since the last update as well. I look for the fetch lands a lot when building for command using '{T}, pay 1 life, sacr' to bring up up the normal 10 plus Prismatic Vista, but now that search also turns up Arguel's Blood Fast/Temple of Aclazotz for some reason. If you search for Sol Ring it now brings up over 30 results when before it only brought up the card Sol Ring. Searching for Fact or Fiction also brings up north of 3K cards instead of the card Fact or Fiction.

Firedrake

I don't know how this used to work but I just tested it on my client and I see that if you do not use quotes it seems to work fine. If your search query is only one word long then quotes are also fine. Search queries with quotes that contain multiple words long or multiple sets of quotation marks return no results.

"Deathtouch" works as expected.
Deathtouch flying works as expected.
You may return an island works as expected.
"Deathtouch" "flying" returns no results.
"You may return an island" returns no results.
You may return an island also returns (for example) Genju of the Falls, which does NOT have that exact phrase on it. Previously, if you used "You may return an island" (with quotes) you got ONLY Daze and Tidal Bore, which is what you should get. Now you get no results at all.

Firedrake

I've noticed a change in the search function since the last update as well. I look for the fetch lands a lot when building for command using '{T}, pay 1 life, sacr' to bring up up the normal 10 plus Prismatic Vista, but now that search also turns up Arguel's Blood Fast/Temple of Aclazotz for some reason. If you search for Sol Ring it now brings up over 30 results when before it only brought up the card Sol Ring. Searching for Fact or Fiction also brings up north of 3K cards instead of the card Fact or Fiction.
Exactly! If you search Sol Ring (no quotes) you also get City of Solitude (SOLitude and duRING are on the card). If you search "Sol Ring" with quotes, you get nothing, whereas a couple weeks ago you would actually get Sol Ring.