In Progress cEDH unplayable - 60 treasures, 8 min of clock, Sorry, Magic Online has encountered an error...will attempt to replay until last known stable state

sananab

Game ID
After using 8 min of clock to take 4.5 min of gameplay actions.
An actual physical clock in front of me advanced 5 min. I took ~4.5 min of gameplay actions. My chess clock lost 8 min. I generated 60 treasures.
I passed the turn.
Another player played a dockside, I let them because I could win on the stack at any point.
I had 2 min of in game clock left.
I was waiting for my opponents to concede, but had lethal on any player, just without the time to do it.
Their dockside resolved. +82 treasures to their board

Sorry, Magic Online has encountered an error...will attempt to replay until last known stable state
image.png

This client basically makes many cEDH decks and combos unplayable because of it's lack of ability to handle looping gamestates. mainstay combos like kiki/felidar and dockside / curio are completely unusable due to the token threshold.

This is a fundamental problem and needs to be addressed.

When a player is capable of presenting a loop, especially with something like a grand abolisher in play, you need to be able to shortcut it somehow without there being a gentleman's agreement.
The client needs to support this. This is unacceptable.
I can't just refund 50% of the leagues I play,

Upvote 6

Ermocito

I had a similar experience in match 268096782. All players were under 2 min despite being efficient, and the game was mostly "whose cards have fewer triggers to click" not "whose board position is a game winner." Everyone agreed this was a huge issue, as clocks were running down 10 seconds before you could get a click on each trigger processed, and low action turns could not be completed in less than a minute of clock time.

This format needs a longer clock due to the problem being known, and then the clock can return to 30 minutes once they find solutions.