Cards that are unattainable but are functional within the client

undoneape

There are cards which are currently functioning and active in the client such as Tivit, Seller of Secrets or Imposter Mech but they either have never been added to the store/treasure chests (such as Tivit) or were added but only incredibly briefly and then removed (such as Imposter Mech).

These cards can be played with using the access pass but they're basically uncollectable and thus unusable elsewise. They are basically cards which aren't red border but also have never been available to the public or were only available for a very short time.

Is there a list of all these cards? Are they on the backlog? Is there a list of cards on the backlog?

ManaDrainThis

Yeah even Goatbots doesn’t have these two cards, and they have pretty much everything. Seems like an easy fix to add them to TCs.

undoneape

Yeah even Goatbots doesn’t have these two cards, and they have pretty much everything. Seems like an easy fix to add them to TCs.
I don't know how easy it is since what goes into the treasure chests is probably done in some specific way. Maybe they could do some kind of backlog anthalogy in the store which contains a bunch of the backlogged cards and doesn't require them to have to also fiddle with what is in the treasure chests.

undoneape

Updating the list with more cards:

C2017:
Mairsil, the Pretender

Commander AFR:
Holy Avenger
Minn, Wily Illusionist
Phantom Steed
Death Tyrant
Lorcan, Warlock Collector
Fiendlash
Vengeful Ancestor
Catti-brie of Minthral Hall
Extract Brain
Storvald, Frost Giant Jarl
Bucknard's Everfull Purse
Clay Golem
Ebony Fly
Faceless One

Commander Bauldur's Gate:
Colossal Badger
Altar of Bhaal
Ghost Lantern
Horn of Valhalla
Hezrou
Emerald Dragon
Abdel Adrian, Gorion's Ward
Ascend From Avernus
Contraband Livestock
Nimbleclaw Adept
Oceanus Dragon
Renari,Merchant of Marvels
Nothic
Coronation of Chaos
Insufferable Balladeer
Wrathful Red Dragon
Taunting Kobold
Druid of the Emerald Grove
Myconid Spore Tender
Gluntch, the Bestower
Lozhan, Dragon's Legacy
Thrakkus the Butcher
Drillworks Mole
Deep Gnome Terramancer
Astral Dragon

Last edited:

undoneape

More stuff since I accidentally pressed control + enter so I have to respond with a new post.

Conspiracy: - Conspiracy cards weren't included with the token however, they meet all the other criteria of being within the client but also not red border so I'm going to list them as well. Another issue with Conspiracy cards is some of their art just doesn't load so maybe that's why they aren't active? I also didn't include the draft referencing cards because those probably aren't legal in any constructed format anyway.

Marchesa's Infiltrator
Bite of the Black Rose
Grudge Keeper
Enraged Revolutionary
Grenzo's Cutthroat
Predator's Howl
Flamewright
Marchesa's Smuggler

Conspiracy Take the Crown: - I tried to not include banned cards.
Ballot Broker
Lieutenants of the Guard
Wings of the Guard
Coveted Peacock
Illusion of Choice
Jeering Homunculus
Besmirch
Deputized Protestor
Goblin Racketeer
Grenzo's Ruffians
Fang of the Pack
Menagerie Liberator
Orchard Elemental

Kaldheim Commander:
The precon box face commanders non-foil versions are all non-red border and work but unavailable. Maybe this is intentional though.

Crimson Vow Commander:
Ethereal Investigator
Kamber, the Plunderer
Laurine, the Diversion
Mirage Phalanx

MoM Commander:
Locthwain Lancer - It isn't red border but also doesn't work with the token so it might need its border reddened
Path of the Schemer
Path of the Animist
Mistmeadow Vanisher

New Cappenna Commander:
Kros, Defense Contractor
Tivit, Seller of Secrets
Cephalid Facetaker
Flawless Forgery
Mask of the Schemer
Industrial Advancement
Mezzio Mugger
Maestros Confluence

dasrac

I don't know how easy it is since what goes into the treasure chests is probably done in some specific way. Maybe they could do some kind of backlog anthalogy in the store which contains a bunch of the backlogged cards and doesn't require them to have to also fiddle with what is in the treasure chests.
MTGO desperately needs a Chronicles analog, over stuffed with the backlogs.

ManaDrainThis

Wow that’s a lot of cards. So these aren’t part of the Commander backlog since they function properly on the client, but are just unavailable from any of the card bots?

undoneape

Wow that’s a lot of cards. So these aren’t part of the Commander backlog since they function properly on the client, but are just unavailable from any of the card bots?
Yea I might have added some that are just like no one has anymore of them left but the majority of those cards are in the game without the red border but haven't ever been collectable.