Allow Us To Block Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwennieMacrae

As it stands now the "Allow chat from only buddies" doesn't really work. As it just seems to remove the chat window for me but the other player can still send messages and ill still get notifications. I understand I can click "allow chat from only buddies" and unclick the "incoming chat message" notification. But then I'm also missing notifications from people I do wish to speak to and they STILL can send their comments I just wont be notified.

It just really sucks always having to get nasty lil comments and harassment when I just want to play the game without having any sort of verbal exchange.

While I understand it'd only really work in 1v1 games. I'd really appreciate it there was an option to block chat so that my opponent in 1v1 wouldn't even see a chat window to type in.

ManaDrainThis

Folks, this “conversation” has long since stopped being constructive, and honestly it’s starting to reflect poorly on everyone here. I think we all now understand your viewpoints on this issue, and the community would be best served if we take a cooling off period on comments here for awhile. Cheers.

GwennieMacrae

Folks, this “conversation” has long since stopped being constructive, and honestly it’s starting to reflect poorly on everyone here. I think we all now understand your viewpoints on this issue, and the community would be best served if we take a cooling off period on comments here for awhile. Cheers.

I do appreciate your input but I do think it's a bit unfair to say that "everyone" is at fault here.

There's only one user in this thread who has explicitly said they feel IRL physical violence is an appropriate response to losing at a card game. I don't think myself or anyone else has been uncivil.

Eol

I'll say it again, you really need to get out more lol. I've seen people reach over and literally break someone's fingers for trying to claim something was a misplay and undo it when that undo would have cost the other guy the match when money was on the line. I recommend you when you travel you don't play non-sanctioned magic in socioeconomically disadvantaged areas or nations with machismo cultures. You've implied you are a girl, it's probably the only reason you haven't experienced such casual violence, because you can abuse your gender privilege to get away with antisocial behavior. Must be nice living in that Ivory Tower away from the pleabs surrounded by white knights to save you lol.

ManaDrainThis:

Just two people have a friendly discussion, no harm no foul but also no big deal either for me, I'll give my new bestie the last word.

GwennieMacrae

I'll say it again, you really need to get out more lol. I've seen people reach over and literally break someone's fingers for trying to claim something was a misplay and undo it when that undo would have cost the other guy the match when money was on the line. I recommend you when you travel you don't play non-sanctioned magic in socioeconomically disadvantaged areas or nations with machismo cultures. You've implied you are a girl, it's probably the only reason you haven't experienced such casual violence, because you can abuse your gender privilege to get away with antisocial behavior. Must be nice living in that Ivory Tower away from the pleabs surrounded by white knights to save you lol.

Just two people have a friendly discussion, no harm no foul but also no big deal either for me, I'll give my new bestie the last word.

Are you an incel? Lol, who thinks that? Who thinks that going to a "card store" and not getting assaulted is "abusing their gender privilege"?

I know I asked it in the other thread, but yes...please do tell me where you're from that people will break fingers, punch people in the face and slash tires over games of MTG. That's not a matter of "privilege". A person can be economically or socially disadvantaged and still act like a civilized human being.

GwennieMacrae

I think it's a good idea, anyway! Nearly the only messages I ever receive are "gl hf," "ggs," and aggression/rage/insults (the latter usually right when I win a match). I can only imagine how much worse it gets when you have an overtly feminine screenname.

The current "ignore chat" feature is certainly helpful in the meantime, but it does nothing to indicate to your opponent that you aren't seeing their messages.

Heh for real thank you SO much!! I sincerely appreciate hearing this after everything else I've heard in this thread, like people saying that the only reason I haven't been physically assaulted is because I'm "abusing my gender privilege". It's actually nice to hear from someone understanding and reasonable.

For real, thank you.

Firedrake

Well according to yesterdays Announcements,
  • Chat notifications from non-Buddies will no longer appear when the In-Game Chat: Allow Only Buddies box is checked
Maybe that will help... maybe...

GwennieMacrae

Well according to yesterdays Announcements,
  • Chat notifications from non-Buddies will no longer appear when the In-Game Chat: Allow Only Buddies box is checked
Maybe that will help... maybe...

What stinks is while this kiiiinda helps. It's not too diff than them just leaving it as it is.

I do just wish they could fully block chat so it removed the window for the opponent as well. I'm not sure why they'd want the opponent to be able to talk to the air.

Lol so far the only reason i've seen anyone say they dont like the idea is literally because they see anyone beating them as "disrespectful" and they want to be able to vocalize their anger or else they'll have to resort to physical violence! :ROFLMAO:

I was sorta hoping one of the admins would see all that BS and like understand that thats EXACTLY why I'd want chat to be removed for the other side too.

AEMNIAMFLAREL

What stinks is while this kiiiinda helps. It's not too diff than them just leaving it as it is.

I do just wish they could fully block chat so it removed the window for the opponent as well. I'm not sure why they'd want the opponent to be able to talk to the air.

Lol so far the only reason i've seen anyone say they dont like the idea is literally because they see anyone beating them as "disrespectful" and they want to be able to vocalize their anger or else they'll have to resort to physical violence! :ROFLMAO:

I was sorta hoping one of the admins would see all that BS and like understand that thats EXACTLY why I'd want chat to be removed for the other side too.

There's no reason to jump through hoops for a more complicated coding change when what was implemented is completely sufficient in protecting the player.

It's illogical to need something that does nothing.

Example, I can talk all I want out loud and you can't hear me if i'm playing you.
It's the same reasoning.

GwennieMacrae

There's no reason to jump through hoops for a more complicated coding change when what was implemented is completely sufficient in protecting the player.

It's illogical to need something that does nothing.

Example, I can talk all I want out loud and you can't hear me if i'm playing you.
It's the same reasoning.

Yes yes, that's nice another pointless post. I'm sure it works like it does on MTGO and you can probs still post but I've put you on ignore now. So now "you can talk all you want and I can't hear you."

Lol which im assuming you're gonna do cause for some reason you really are hung up on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.