What are your favourite/least favourite MTGO Avatars?

GwennieMacrae

I always loved Blood Petal Celebrant, since the art is cute and it has this vibe like she's starting a party or some such and inviting quests in and i've been using that for a few years now.

Heh on the other hand it always kinda bummed out how many people just have the starter Birds of Paradise av and never bothered to change it. Avatars are like pennies, everyone should get something fun that they feel fits their vibe. I also always found "The Philosopher" and "Jeren Corrupted Bishop" to be really ugly. Like Jeren's face grosses me out.

I honestly sooo miss the original avatars we had waaaay back when MTGO first started in the early 2000s where they started to look more beat up as your life total dropped. Like I remember their being Serra Angel, Nekrataal, Mahamoti Djinn and they started to look like skeletons when your life was low. I kinda liked the old match tables too where you actually saw your lil avatar sitting at a table across from the other person's avatar. That was so cute!

Firedrake

Least favorite MTGO Avatars? Almost anything with an emblem in the lower left hand corner. They are usually acquired by winning tournaments (yes, I know, they can be purchased, too), and you just feel like, "This clown is playing a tournament-quality deck in the JFF queue." I just avoid 'em when possible, on GP.

I do vaguely remember those "abating avatars." I guess they just consumed too many resources as the game grew in scope, and were replaced.

GwennieMacrae

Least favorite MTGO Avatars? Almost anything with an emblem in the lower left hand corner. They are usually acquired by winning tournaments (yes, I know, they can be purchased, too), and you just feel like, "This clown is playing a tournament-quality deck in the JFF queue." I just avoid 'em when possible, on GP.

I do vaguely remember those "abating avatars." I guess they just consumed too many resources as the game grew in scope, and were replaced.
Heh, I do totally get what you're saying. What sucks is my favourite avatar, Blood Petal Celebrant has the goofy lil treasure thing in the corner and I agree thats kinda dumb looking.

I did just get mine from one of the bots though, avatars are like 1-4 cents they're all hecka cheap. I've never actually played a tourny on mtgo ever.

And yeah the old avatars were awesome!! I love MTGO but I kinda wish we could someday get like a whole overhaul and update. Like still have all the cards and formats of MTGO but on a more modern and cleaner/prettier looking interface.