More Info Needed Teferi's Puzzle Box bug with Commander in Hand

Zylozs

Context:
I encountered a bug in my commander game tonight where I had the following series of actions happen (abbreviated because that opponent decided to take a 30 minute turn of small actions).

1. Opponent played Teferi's Puzzle Box
2. Opponent bounced my Commander (and my board) using Cyclonic Rift & Capsize
3. Eventually its my turn and puzzle box's trigger is on the stack

The bug:
Teferi's Puzzle Box asked me to put 21 cards on the bottom of my library (the exact number of cards in my hand). I tried to select 20 cards and to tell my Commander to return to the Command Zone by clicking it and choosing that option. However, it refused to continue and resolve the trigger. I eventually had to just tell my Commander to go into my library for the trigger to resolve and the game to continue.

My opponent seemed to think it was valid to shuffle my commander into my library but i checked the rules and they specifically state this:
903.9b If a commander would be put into its owner’s hand or library from anywhere, its owner may put it into the command zone instead. This replacement effect may apply more than once to the same event. This is an exception to rule 614.5.

My suggestion on what should happen:

When the puzzle box trigger resolves, for every card that can have a replacement effect to the trigger, it should ask me if i'd like to use that replacement effect and if so, what should happen (based on the replacement effect). Once all those decisions are taken, it should simply resolve. In 99% of cases, it will simply resolve with no additional work but in cases like this, you'd simply have to decide if you should use the replacement effect for your commander.

Extra info:
Event ID: 261737498
Game ID: 850252830

Neo001992

I tried to reproduce this in solitaire and the settings work normally and my commander went right back to the commander zone after the Puzzle Box trigger resolved.. I think you might have changed the toggle in your game to let your commander go into the library unintentionally thinking it was a selectable option rather than the toggle that it is.

Event#261802646 Game#850514324