Taunting in match is okay?

I'm just confused. An opponent recently told me to "enjoy my 8 mana" after they had a god hand in pioneer and won on t4, no other comm the entire match, taunting my misfortune. So I stopped playing against them, technically stalling, but I think it was warranted. So why does my account get suspended, but the guy who gets off laughing at others, nothing happens to? Please help this make sense.

Neo001992

Being rude, generally speaking, isn't against the terms of service, but walking away from a match and letting yourself time out is against the terms of service. If someone is being rude to the point that it crosses a line into harassment or a threat, you can report them, and if it's just your average salt from playing Magic (being a bad loser, winner, etc) you can block them or hide the chat. On the other hand if you're playing a match in a league/event, and decide to leave mid game, their only choice if they're playing to win is to site there having their time wasted and report you later.

AEMNIAMFLAREL

I'm just confused. An opponent recently told me to "enjoy my 8 mana" after they had a god hand in pioneer and won on t4, no other comm the entire match, taunting my misfortune. So I stopped playing against them, technically stalling, but I think it was warranted. So why does my account get suspended, but the guy who gets off laughing at others, nothing happens to? Please help this make sense.
Bro Just type LOL then go back to the game.
They want a reaction from you, so give them one they don't expect. Ha.
Or just turn chat off.

I agree though, don't stall. Concede if you don't want to play.

The only time "Stalling" is appropriate IMO is when your opponent is clearly multi-queuing.

They leave I got to surfing the web, when I see there back, I do my stuff.
Not really stalling but not super tentative.

Hasn't been a problem lately, but I've only been cubing, Did MTGO fix this by disabling it?