Backlog Subtle Oath of Nissa/mana pool bug

Hi!

I've noticed a subtle bug with Oath of Nissa when the player has mana pooled already.

I'll illustrate this with a fictional scenario: suppose I cast Jared Carthalion with Oath of Nissa out, WUBRG already pooled, and 5 untapped Wastes. I should be able to tap the 5 Wastes to cast Jared, since Oath of Nissa allows me to spend mana as though it were mana of any color when casting Planeswalkers. However, no matter what I do, the client will force me to use the color-appropriate mana that is already pooled. This puts me at a disadvantage in some situations, since I might prefer to use that mana for something else (say, a non-Planeswalker spell that's many colors).

Another example that occurs much more often in practice: suppose I have out Omnath, Locus of Creation and I get its second landfall trigger, adding WURG. Suppose further that my only untapped land is a Forest, and I want to cast Teferi, Time Raveler and Ephemerate afterwards. Because of the aforementioned bug, I'm forced to use the WU in my mana pool, leaving me with either R and a forest untapped, or G and a forest untapped - basically, making it impossible to sequence my spells the way I want to.

This is a clear loss of functionality that can lead to a disadvantage in a nonzero number of games, and should therefore be fixed. Thanks!

Upvote 1