Backlog Saruman, the White Hand bugged after returning from phase out

pfirpfel

Saruman, the White Hand was phased out from Out of Time. After being phased back in, the triggered ability of Saruman stopped triggering. After returning Saruman back to hand and recasting Saruman, it worked again as expected.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Cast Saruman, the White Hand
2. Cast Out of Time phasing out Saruman, the White Hand
3. Let Out of Time let Saruman, the White Hand phase back in
4. While controlling the phased in Saruman cast a non-creature spell

Expected:
Saruman, the White Hand triggers

Actual:
Nothing happens

Match #261000606
Game #847187224

Upvote 3

GwennieMacrae

I saw this asked elsewhere but tbh the answers seemed kinda inconclusive. Most people seemed to be saying this was a glitch but others weren't sure.

But yeah, basically at least on mtgo, if you phase out a creature that's the Ring Bearer, it comes back without it. I had a Ring Bearing Nazgul, phased it out with Teferi's Protection and when my turn came around and everything phased back in, the Nazgul was no longer ring bearer and I lost the game since I couldn't do the cool infinite thing with Ratadrabik and Altar Of Dementia.

Just wanted to double check if this was a bug before I mentioned it in the bug section. I saw another person online say they had this problem with MTGO specifically.

Neo001992

Was in a game tonight and a buddy retained control of a phased out Urza, Lord High Artificer that he got with his Lonis, Cryptozoologist after the owner of the Urza, Lord High Artificer had conceded from the game. This is definitely not correct under the rules.

Event#265853700 Game#866886548