In Progress Return the favor cast on Blue Sun's Twilight

akwehhkanoo

Game ID
This wasn't cast by me but in my game. Player 3 casts Blue Sun's Twilight for x=3 targeting my creature. Player 2 casts Return The Favor with both options. Player Changed the target of Play 3's spell to another of my creatures (Ian Malcom) and copied the spell targeting another of my creatures. (Thada Adel)

The expected result would be Player 3 takes control of Ian since his spell was redirected to it. and Player 2 gains Thada Adel, but the opposite happened instead.

Match# 268478673
Game# 877149624

Upvote 0

akwehhkanoo

can someone explain how this isn't a bug? Player 3's twilight was redirected to Ian, Player 2's copy targets Thada, Player 3 gains control of Thada and Player 2 gains control of Ian? why?

Torbin

Staff member
Community Team
The card Return the Favor with Blue Sun's Twilight works as intended. However we noticed a log behavior that can cause confusion.

The log message shown mentions the change of target for the first Spree ability of Return the Favor, which is the target of the Copy of the spell targeted by Return the Favor.

Also, there is no log message relating to the second Spree ability of Return the Favor that actually redirects the target of the original spell.
can someone explain how this isn't a bug? Player 3's twilight was redirected to Ian, Player 2's copy targets Thada, Player 3 gains control of Thada and Player 2 gains control of Ian? why?