Prize for Most Competitive Vintage Cube Trophies (per season)

ManaDrainThis

Each iteration of Vintage Cube sees many competitive players grinding long hours to rack up as many trophies as they can, with lots of players achieving dozens of trophies. These extremely dedicated players spend an enormous amount of time (and tickets) in this endeavor, and it doesn’t feel like they are properly recognized for their efforts.

It’s also fun for casual players to watch their favorite vintage cube streamers move up the charts, and compete for trophies. This is part of what makes the holiday vintage cube season such a highly anticipated event. It would be great if Daybreak Games & WOTC would offer a reward to the player who achieves the most competitive trophies over the course of the 5-week Vintage Cube holiday season.

Perhaps a digital copy of the entire 540-card MTGO vintage cube, along with a personalized trophy or medal? Or something similar…open to suggestions. But either way, it would be great for the community, and would show that WOTC & Daybreak appreciate the efforts of their most dedicated customers. 🍻

Seriously, it doesn't even need to be that much. As many players take the Vintage Cube season very seriously, it would be nice to see a little appreciation from WoTC. Maybe minor prizes for the top 10 or whatever, and something cool for 1st. A respectable number of play points and maybe a special avatar or badge... anything.

Perhaps the reward shouldn't be monetary. The problem with prizes for things like this is that kind of rewards time spent over great play. Obviously great play is required as well, but I think in particular a monetary reward for this would incentivize unhealthy behavior like 24 hour streams or even illegal stuff such as sharing accounts to keep grinding around the clock.

By the way, I say this as a huge fan of cube, competitive magic, streaming etc. I think a great way to promote the trophy race would be to give the competitors a shoutout in the client or MTGO announcements. Link to their twitch streams and have people tune in. Maybe give a cosmetic reward or a couple of chests to the winner. If we turn it into a big cash prize then we might not like where the competition goes.

ManaDrainThis

Yeah agree completely…recognition is much more important than monetary value. Maybe just a personalized Vintage Cube season winner trophy, with the winner featured on the welcome screen of the client for a week or two after cube season ends?

The coolest prize I can imagine would be allowing the winner to provide input on designing a card that would be good enough for future vintage cube iterations! 😃