Could Not Reproduce Patches remove 5-0 lists

kg201

For years it has been the case that when a patch occurs, it removes the 5-0 lists from the time period that preceded it, and those lists do not get published.

This has happened to me multiple times with deck lists that are very different than those that are posted online (20+ cards).

I always look forward to seeing my list post after getting a trophy, but several of my favorite brews never posted after getting a trophy. This only happens when a patch or set update occurs.

kg201

No one else has chimed in, so I assume this problem will never be fixed. It's not just patches, but also set releases.

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
I am not seeing this issue at https://www.mtgo.com/en/mtgo/decklists viewing via the web browser.

Lists are published weekly for some formats and twice-weekly for others. Are you saying that the lists between the last scheduled posting and the end of the League a couple days later just aren't making it to the Web?

kg201

I am not seeing this issue at https://www.mtgo.com/en/mtgo/decklists viewing via the web browser.

Lists are published weekly for some formats and twice-weekly for others. Are you saying that the lists between the last scheduled posting and the end of the League a couple days later just aren't making it to the Web?
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. Let me describe in more detail.

I'm referring specifically to my experience with Vintage, which updates once per week.

What has happened to me several times is that I obtain a 5-0 trophy, and the list does not appear in any subsequent online posting. I understand that lists that are similar may not get posted, but the lists in question are vastly, vastly different than the others that were published (again, 20+ cards).

This issue has happened to me under three circumstances after obtaining a trophy:

1) The league season ends and a new one starts (e.g., trophy on a Sunday, new league starts Wednesday, no list published online later).

2) A patch (recently, I trophied on a Tuesday (December 6th), and a patch occurred on a Wednesday or Thursday (the 7th or 8th), and the list did not publish online later).

3) A new set drops and MTGO updates after getting a trophy but before the weekly publishing

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
Spoke with our team that handles that code - we plan to start publishing the Legacy/Vintage/Pauper decklists twice a week rather than once a week. This should work around this issue more effectively, particularly as Leagues end.

Hoping to get that in sometime in January.

kg201

Spoke with our team that handles that code - we plan to start publishing the Legacy/Vintage/Pauper decklists twice a week rather than once a week. This should work around this issue more effectively, particularly as Leagues end.

Hoping to get that in sometime in January.
Oh, that seems like an effective and simple solution to this issue, and thank you again for taking the time to look into it. Happy holidays!