Fixed MTGO promotional cards which had the 8th edition frame now are now displayed with M15 card frame

alex2

Hello,

I cannot tell exactly since when but I believe since Decemeber 2022 all the MTGO promotional cards in my collection which formerly used the 8th Edition frame are now displayed with the M15 card frame.

This must be a bug, right?

Please let this be a bug and not an intentional change.

Thanks in advance for fixing this issue!

PS: If this was in fact an intentional change, would you mind getting rid of the 8th Edition card frame all together? Believe it or not but I purposely picked cards so that the frames match as good as possible and right now my decks are a mess and it drives me crazy.

Neo001992

I noticed this to when my promotional Chrome Mox suddenly had a holo stamp. I hope this isn't a permanent change as well.

ManaDrainThis

I cannot tell exactly since when but I believe since Decemeber 2022 all the MTGO promotional cards in my collection which formerly used the 8th Edition frame are now displayed with the M15 card frame.

This must be a bug, right?

Please let this be a bug and not an intentional change.

Thanks in advance for fixing this issue!

PS: If this was in fact an intentional change, would you mind getting rid of the 8th Edition card frame all together? Believe it or not but I purposely picked cards so that the frames match as good as possible and right now my decks are a mess and it drives me crazy.
How many cards were affected?

Neo001992

Just from going through my own collection of promotional cards here are the cards that are in the incorrect frame that I have personally.

Path to Exile (Rebecca Guay art), Sun Titan, Gitaxian Probe, Remand, Thirst for Knowledge, Treasure Mage, Vendilion Clique, Jace's Ingenuity, Colossal Whale, Go for the Throat, Liliana's Specter, Doomwake Giant, Bloodlord of Vaasgoth, Xathrid Gorgon, Black Sun's Zenith, Ancient Hellkite, Magmaquak, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Elvish Visionary, Farseek, Lotus Cobra (Terese Nielsen art), Sakura-Tribe Elder, Cultivate (John Avon art), Krosan Grip, Eidolon of Blossoms, Mitotic Slime, Acidic Slime, Ant Queen, Megantic Sliver, Vindicate (Mark Zug art), Pernicious Deed, Glissa, the Traitor, Bloodbraid Elf (Steve Argyle art), Duergar Hedge-Mage, Chrome Mox (Alan Pollack art), Isochron Scepter, Lightning Greaves (Michael Komarck art), Wurmcoil Engine (Raymond Swanland art).

Neo001992

Rough that so many cards from your collection are impacted. :oops:
It's only a visual difference at the end of the day, but it would still be nice if they would be restored to how they should look. I'd much rather have the current bug affecting Jeweled Lotus fixed if I could only choose one.

PhantomNomadMTG

I noticed this because it affected my promo basic lands which had 8th edition frame and now they have the latest. Please can this be fixed?

alex2

In my case it is a manageable amount of cards, but still annoying.
  • Force of Will
  • Duress
  • Red Elemental Blast
  • Blue Elemental Blast
Glad I am not the only one who noticed it and who is bothered by it.

Here are some additional pictures to actually show the change:
Ignore the Chain of Vapor; this one actually had the M15 frame before, but I was just to lazy to crop it out.