Move the OK button around

bji

I mean this is the most basic thing. Swap OK between one of two positions. That way if I accidentally double-click on the OK button, it won't register as it will already have moved. Also I won't accidentally click "Yes" because the UI designers put that button right where the OK would be, and force of habit and/or lag often causes clicking there.

So to spell it out: The OK button is in position A. I click it. It moves to position B, somewhere not close to overlapping with position A. I click it when it's on B. It moves back to A.

And don't be dumb and put the cancel button over top of where the old OK was. Although I guess unintentionally cancelling an action isn't the worst thing because it can typically be repeated.

bji

If you don't use your mouse and use 1, what do you care where it's placed?
Or if you do use the mouse then why don't you like the idea?
Which is it?

bji

I dont like it... I have to move my mouse around then.
Typically ok with '1' most the time...
Which is it?

AEMNIAMFLAREL

Which is it?
Because I use both...

Look, thing of it this way, it's bad design.
Name one other game or interface ever created where a button is moved on the screen physically to avoid misclicks....

It's never been done.

AEMNIAMFLAREL

Because I use both...

Look, thing of it this way, it's bad design.
Name one other game or interface ever created where a button is moved on the screen physically to avoid misclicks....

It's never been done.
It is a clever idea but nothing is wrong with the ok button functionally. It would be a different scenario if the client was laggy and the first click lagged and the 2nd click jumped two clicks ahead instead of counting only one click, but that's not the case.

And even then the fix would be to fix the button and the lag... not to cover up the issue by moving the button around.

This is simply the reality of digital gaming.

Last edited:

bji

It is a clever idea but nothing is wrong with the ok button functionally. It would be a different scenario if the client was laggy and the first click lagged and the 2nd click jumped two clicks ahead instead of counting only one click, but that's not the case.

And even then the fix would be to fix the button and the lag... not to cover up the issue by moving the button around.

This is simply the reality of digital gaming.

Well the number of times I have accidentally clicked OK says otherwise. But whatever. You and I arguing about this isn't going to accomplish anything. Wizards or whoever owns this game now is never going to do anything about this so this is really just a waste of your and my time to even talk about.

It could easily just be an option so that I could have what I want and you could have what you want. And it would be very easy to implement I imagine.