Fixed Mizzix's Mastery mechanic fails

dbfishy

I played Mizzix's Mastery targeting Seething Song in my graveyard. Seething Song was exiled. Normally a separate window pops up, allowing me to play a copy of the exiled card (Seething Song). But that window did not pop up, forcing me to resolve Mizzix's Mastery without casting a copy of the the exiled card. I have played this card for the last couple of years and have never had this occur.

The event # was 254031651. The game # was 819224076.

Thank you!

dbfishy

I tried to use Mizzix's Mastery a second time and the same bug occurred. I can no longer use my deck as a result. This is incredibly frustrating. Is there any option to fix this?

The second occurs was event #254147178. The game # was 819673298.

Please help!

dbfishy

To be clear, I have used this deck for years and have never had this issue. This bug is new since last week.

doma.dev

It's quite a unique effect which was one of the enablers for a big red [spells] archetype in my cube.
The bug happens in my playgroup whenever someone casts the card.
Would be nice to see some feedback from the devs / community managers.

dbfishy

If/when this bug gets resolved, will we be notified? I essentially can't play MTGO until it's fixed. Thank you!

BrianAMarx

Replying to reiterate that this bug is still in effect today 12/1 and it makes some decks completely unplayable. The deck worked before the Daybreak migration so I hope Daybreak addresses it soon.

dbfishy

I keep coming back every couple of weeks to see if this bug has been fixed, and it still hasn't! Yet another example of this mechanic failing to work: Event #254778366, game #822119580

I'm losing steam in continuously trying to play my deck just to lose my matches to a bug.

At this point I'm not even sure if these are being read, but if anyone does, I'm begging for your help with this! MTGO has been near and dear to my heart for years and this is the first time I have been unable to play it.

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
It's being read, it's not backlogged, it's on the list ... but we have the holidays coming up and our team is having limited bandwidth to fix things that aren't "current set bugs" or "next set cards" right now. Please be patient.

dbfishy

I've essentially stopped playing MTGO altogether because of this bug. In hopes that it would have been fixed, now three months after my initial report, I tried playing again. The bug is still there, exactly as it was in November. Yet another example: event # 256400342, game #828771750.

The last response from a developer was that bandwidth was limited because of the holidays. Is this still the case? Should I hold out any hope that this bug will be fixed or has MTGO given up on fixing these broken mechanics?

It's demoralizing to keep losing because of a bug. If this bug is fixed in the future, is there any chance that a developer could respond here to say so? At that point I will resume playing.

Kastron5000

If you cast the card for either regular or overload cost, it asks you to click the exiled card to cast it, but there is no window showing the card to cast.

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
It's still fairly high up on the to-do list. Unfortunately, our team is swamped with March of the Machine coding for the next several weeks. I don't have an ETA for a fix at this time.

BrianAMarx

Just bumping to point out this was partially fixed: Mastery now works correctly when cast, but for some reason it’s STILL bugged when overloaded. I do appreciate that we’ve seen improvement but it’s very frustrating that a card that used to work was broke for so long and is now back to partial functionality.

ManaDrainThis

Bumping this, because Mizzix’s Mastery was just added to the latest iteration of MTGO’s vintage cube. If overload is still bugged the card should be temporarily removed from the cube.

Toxic Stench

Bumping this, because Mizzix’s Mastery was just added to the latest iteration of MTGO’s vintage cube. If overload is still bugged the card should be temporarily removed from the cube.
What part doesn't work for you though? I can't try every angle but it's been in a cube I play since it was fixed and working fine both ways.

ManaDrainThis

What part doesn't work for you though? I can't try every angle but it's been in a cube I play since it was fixed and working fine both ways.
Was it fixed? Ppl reported that the Overload was broken. I haven’t attempted to play with the card recently so you would know better than me. If Overload is now fixed then this bug report can be closed out.

American_Kid

Hello, I was just recently reimbursed for a bug involving Mizzix Mastery and Magma Opus. Empty board state less lands, I cast Mizzix Mastery targeting Magma Opus which appeared to work correctly. There were no legal targets for the damage portion of the spell, and I targeted my opponent's two untapped lands (Karakas and Sacred Foundry). After clicking ok, the game stalled, replayed the game up until failure, failed again, and started a new game. Neither my opponent nor I understood what occurred.