Confirmed Foretell mechanic does not reveal correctly at end of game

Toxic Stench

@MTGO_TonyM

This subject was recently marked as not bugged. This mechanic IS bugged and has been since release. Here is a rule for Foretell:
702.143f If a player leaves the game, all face-down foretold cards that player owns must be revealed to all players. At the end of each game, all face-down foretold cards must be revealed to all players.
These cards are not revealed to all players on Magic Online. I play with Foretell cards all the time and unless they started to be revealed with this week's update this bug has not been fixed. Fix it or not according to your priorities, but please understand the issue described. In a game like Magic the rules matter; even if the fair play impetus of paper is eliminated online there are still strategic implications.

If you are in need of a rules consultant (or cube design) I am available. 👋

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

ManaDrainThis

Lol, I think we all get it now. The prior bug report wasn’t specific at all. They aren’t mind readers folks…adding details and screenshots to your bug reports makes them useful and actionable.

Toxic Stench

Lol, I think we all get it now. The prior bug report wasn’t specific at all. They aren’t mind readers folks…adding details and screenshots to your bug reports makes them useful and actionable.
I am a mind reader since I understood that person's point. It's up to every individual if they want to reach out and try to truly understand what another person is communicating, or dismiss it because reaching is too much work. We make both choices in different situations throughout our lives. Awareness of the state of the client would help provide context as well; this cannot be the first time this issue has been raised.

Of course that person could have explained the situation better, but not every person has the same level of communication abilities whether due to language barriers (Magic is published in 8 languages currently, more in the past), educational opportunities, technical skills, innate differences, or other issues. Nevertheless it was easy to understand what they were complaining about if a reader wanted to. I did not post because I care about the Foretell bug. I posted because I saw a miscommunication and I think both sides have something to learn to achieve more satisfactory outcomes in future similar situations. There have existed other bugs in the client that have been ignored (or even added) because the person assigned to them did not understand the game rules - this is not an isolated incident.