Forced to do a clean installation every update, now had to do one just from restarting game not due to updates.

RainbowUnicorn

Every single time there is an update or patch I am forced to do a complete clean installation, restarting my computer and everything. If I don't, the game will appear to download as normal, but then when I try to run it a window pops up that says "Cannot Start Application: Application validation did not succeed. Unable to continue." with the options "OK" and "details". Clicking OK just closes the error and nothing happens. Clicking details opens a notepad, which I put at the bottom of this note for clarity. Today for the first time ever I closed the game and immediately restart it (bc of the memory leak? and it was running slow) and this same download and error happened. Even though there was no update. When I last contacted WOTC customer support over this a few years ago they basically told me they didn't see any problem on their end so they weren't going to help me.

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.19045.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.8.9195.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
clr.dll : 4.8.9195.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
dfdll.dll : 4.8.9195.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
dfshim.dll : 10.0.19041.30000 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/Magic%20The%20Gathering%20Online%20.appref-ms%7C
Server : AkamaiNetStorage
Deployment Provider url : http://mtgo.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/mtg/live/client/MTGO.application
Application url : http://mtgo.patch.daybreakgames.com...3.4.138.4412.20240206090031/MTGO.exe.manifest
Server : AkamaiNetStorage

IDENTITIES
Application Identity : MTGO.exe, Version=3.4.138.4412, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dbac2845cba5280e, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Magic The Gathering Online .appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ File, Card.dll, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [2/6/2024 11:30:46 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Magic The Gathering Online .appref-ms| has started.
* [2/6/2024 11:30:46 AM] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.
* [2/6/2024 11:30:46 AM] : Consuming new update.
* [2/6/2024 11:30:46 AM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [2/6/2024 11:30:47 AM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [2/6/2024 11:30:47 AM] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
* [2/6/2024 11:30:47 AM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [2/6/2024 11:32:12 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
- File, Card.dll, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, Hash hash)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, HashCollection hashCollection)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyComponents()
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ConsumeUpdatedDeployment(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentUpdate(SubscriptionState& subState, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.