Do a Commander Legends flashback with altered rules

Bryan

The original run was sabotaged by wizards. They took what would have been a unique format and ruined it. No one wants a limited draft format to take 5 hours. As a result, the set's price is very inflated.

In order to make it fun I propose these changes.
• 30 life. (reduced power vs constructed)
• best of 1.
• obviously, no voting.

The problem before was two fold. Games took way too long and you had to do 3 of them. Now with 30 life and only one game that's not an issue.

And please, get rid of the voting UI in the open commander room. It's completely pointless and only serves to irritate.

I guess I should emphasize that I'm talking about keeping the cards, no phantom crap. The idea of this is to reduce the cost of this set.

Bryan

I'm glad you brought it back but there's two issues.

Phantom is an option.
Voting is still a thing.

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
Thank you for your feedback. If this were strictly a competitive League, we'd likely do those things.

For now, we are still considering our full Commander audience when running Commander Draft leagues.

Toxic Stench

The audience of Magic should be Magic players. Voting replaces playing Magic with a different game. Richard Garfield's toy game Rando Chess illustrates this perfectly. "Play standard chess but afterwards roll a die." He uses it to explore the false dichotomy of luck vs skill, but we can also ask if this version of chess is improved?