Declined Daybreak is doing a good job, but can we get another 5 minutes added to the match timer so it's 30 min per player? Pauper is unplayable

maat33

I just played a Pauper match last night in a league where I won game 1 and then both players almost timed out in g2. There are people running Turbo-Fog with Relic of Progenitus just to waste your match clock. Caw-Gates loses games it shouldn't because swinging with a Squadron Hawk for one every turn takes forever. Cool combos like Twin and Acerak and Aluren are trash on MTGO because there's no loop automation. I wouldn't even play a deck that wins via infinite death triggers just because clicking manually is such a pain in the ass.

There are multiple decks I liked that I had to sell because the timer made it impossible to finish a match, like Pioneer Azorius and various Esper control shells. I'm not even slow-playing: I F6 every turn and leave miracle bluffing off and even avoid formats with FOW just so I don't have to manually click through every spell.

There is just not enough time per player. I don't even think most people play aggro and burn because they're the best decks: they're just easy to autopilot without worrying about the match clock or misclicking.

Last edited by a moderator:

maat33

straight 30 min per player in every format would make sense too. 25 feels weird and arbitrary. maybe subtract some time from sideboarding to make up for it. i've had matches in pauper when opponents would almost time out while swinging for lethal, it feels bad for everyone involved