Confirmed Contaminated Ground

nemesisfaust

new edition of corrupted ground does not make island a swap.

the text of corrupted ground does not say remove all abilities of enchanted land.
it does not say replace name of land with name of.
where under type of basic vs nonbasic, the other corrupted grounds play on target land and then when land is tapped it makes a swamp and controller looses 2 life.
as there are many plains swamps and other multi basic lands with abilities to gain 2 life, ect... so enchanted land is a swamp... is an alteration of type not the cards name it self.
i have used the previous versions of corrupted ground in other decks and it seemed to just as so. however i just encoutnered a player using the new corrupted ground.

and i had the ursa land combo out, where each card is still urza tower, urza mine and urza power plant. the name of the card has not changed. thus each card when in play is still in control as its altered ability and should produce 2 color less, 2 colorless or 3 colorless in addition to an enchant altering the urza mine to be a swamp, as the urza mines is an ability ""tap. create 1 colorless and if you control "urza mine, and urzas tower, and urzas power plant" create 2 colorless instead."" so if enchanted by corrupted ground. the pending mana production is still based off the landsa ability, as there is no ability prohibiting effect nor alterations, then when tapped loose 2 life.

this is not what happened. then the urza's mine enchanted by the new corrupted ground produced 0 mana, made me loose 2 life. then the ursa tower in play and urza power plant in play under my control only produced 1 mana, then 1 mana. so not only did it break the land from producing mana, it stripped the land combo. this is how i could easily tell it was a card name tag issues and not a type tag as it was suppose to be.

Upvote 0

JuBungus

Urza lands do not check card name, they check the land's type. Note the phrasing is "If you control an Urza's..." not "if you control a land/card named Urza's"... ".
Disabling this interaction is correct functionality for Corrupted Ground (as well as Spreading Seas, Blood Moon, etc.)

ManaDrainThis

I don’t think a card called “corrupted ground” even exists. Not finding it on Scryfall. Assume you mean a different card name.

Toxic Stench

As mentioned "Urza's", "Mine", "Tower", and "Power-Plant" are all land subtypes. It's not necessarily clear, but the types are what do the mechanical work in the combination. Changing types works slightly differently with lands than other card types, and when Contaminated Ground makes the card a Swamp it loses its other land types and abilities.
305.7. If an effect sets a land’s subtype to one or more of the basic land types, the land no longer has its old land type. It loses all abilities generated from its rules text, its old land types, and any copiable effects affecting that land, and it gains the appropriate mana ability for each new basic land type. Note that this doesn’t remove any abilities that were granted to the land by other effects. Setting a land’s subtype doesn’t add or remove any card types (such as creature) or supertypes (such as basic, legendary, and snow) the land may have. If a land gains one or more land types in addition to its own, it keeps its land types and rules text, and it gains the new land types and mana abilities.