Commander-Specific Wishlist - Add to MTGO

42en

Any plans to add some missing old-school stuff?

A couple of the more obscure cards from the early expansions from Arabian Nights up to Alliances weren't included in the Masters Edition set releases.

Like for example...
Season of the Witch (!)
Initiates of the Ebon Hand
Soldevi Adnate
Agent of Stromgald
Fatal Lore
Keeper of Tresserhorn
Library of Lat-Nam
Misfortune
Lim-Duls Paladin (!)
Mind Bomb (!)
Wand of Ith (!)
Backdraft (!)

The list of missing things is even longer than this (doubt anyone would miss some of the real stinkers, but a few are quite playable).

Don't think a lot of those would see play, except in some niche Commander decks, but Season of the Witch would be really sweet for Mono B Devotion piles for example. And Blasphemous Act players will love Backdraft. ;-)

sunsfan123

I made a post on the mtgo subreddit but perhaps this is a better place. I'd just like to add the main reason I play on here over other clients is cause pretty much all the cards are in, when they aren't its a real bummer especially if its a core card to a commander you want to play, it almost tempts you to play on another client which I would hate to do. Here's the list.

black market connections (this cards very very powerful its a better sylvan library in 40 life formats), I've been waiting for this to get added for months just be disappointed every patch.
nature's chosen (borderline mandatory in sythis commander)
chaos mutations
candlekeep sage

Hopefully you're able to add these to the client.

GreyWhale

As I have stipulated in my other post, it is quite important for commander relevant cards being implemented. Especially since Daybreak said that they want to make MTGO into the commander place to go to.

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
As I have stipulated in my other post, it is quite important for commander relevant cards being implemented. Especially since Daybreak said that they want to make MTGO into the commander place to go to.
Indeed, our priority is the Commander deck backlog from the last two years, as well as getting in Universes Beyond stuff in when we can. We are also looking for opportunities to do unique things like the TRANSFORMERS Bundle we announced last month coming out on 11/15.

Balancing all of that against individual card bugs that crop up plus older bugs is a daily challenge.

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
Any plans to add some missing old-school stuff?

A couple of the more obscure cards from the early expansions from Arabian Nights up to Alliances weren't included in the Masters Edition set releases.

Like for example...
Season of the Witch (!)
Initiates of the Ebon Hand
Soldevi Adnate
Agent of Stromgald
Fatal Lore
Keeper of Tresserhorn
Library of Lat-Nam
Misfortune
Lim-Duls Paladin (!)
Mind Bomb (!)
Wand of Ith (!)
Backdraft (!)

The list of missing things is even longer than this (doubt anyone would miss some of the real stinkers, but a few are quite playable).

Don't think a lot of those would see play, except in some niche Commander decks, but Season of the Witch would be really sweet for Mono B Devotion piles for example. And Blasphemous Act players will love Backdraft. ;-)
There are a couple of spicy ones on there, but any we take from this group would likely go to the back of the line (assuming there are no art use issues leftover from that era). See the post directly above for our rationale.

We will file these away for when our Cardset team's bandwidth grows.

Is there a timetable for the Street Fighter and Stranger Things cards. I know you all said that Secret Lairs were not happening anymore (Which i feel is a mistake but for a different thread), does the possibility exist that these cards make it to MTGO?

vandwedge

My requests include
  • Sisters of the Flame
  • Abu Ja'far
  • Blazing Effigy
  • Land's Edge
  • Wall of Heat
  • Wall of Earth
  • Sorceress Queen

Niuttuc

As far as commander, some of the best new tools for white to ramp haven't been ported to MTGO so far, those include...
  • Archaeomancer's Map
  • Smuggler's Share
  • Deep Gnome Terramancer

Fantasma

Just came here to say I planned a whole commander deck around Perrie from Street New Capenna Commander, only to find out him and all other SNC Commanders arent on MTGO. It was a real let down...

BudgetCommander

As far as commander, some of the best new tools for white to ramp haven't been ported to MTGO so far, those include...
  • Archaeomancer's Map
  • Smuggler's Share
  • Deep Gnome Terramancer
These ones are huge for Commander. I'll also add:
Battle Angels of Tyr
Breena, the Demagogue
Inkshield
Karazikar, the Eye Tyrant
Vengeful Ancestor
Commander Liara Portyr
Stinging Study
The Universes Beyond friends forever commanders

Zenaku17

Was wondering if you could add Klauth unrivaled ancient. Could you also add all the d&d and Baldurs gate cards that aren’t in the game.

Raccarot

Is there a Timeline for Innistrad: Midnight Hunt? Specifically Wilhelt the Rotclaver? I don't want to make a whole new forum post just for one card that I'm concerned about hehe

rmpimenta

I’d love to have my two favorite cards of 2021 in the client: Veyran and Druid of purification! One of my favorite commanders and one of the creatures I play the most in paper!

dasrac

I know people want specific cards, but if we can really really just get on getting everything thats not in print online online asap that would be killer. And also, can there be some kind of online version of "Chronicles" for some of these things, along with some other commander staples that have only seen treasure chest releases.