Fixed Bug Tempt with Vengeance & Tempt with Discovery

Zarathulhu

Whenever the last player choose not accept the offer from Tempt with Discovery, Tempt with Discovery's final effect does not occur and it's controller does not have the option to search their library for any additional card, no matter how many other opponents chose yes.

4 player FFA
Cast Tempt with Discovery
All opponents accept except the last opponent (to the right) refuses
Current: Nothing happens
Expected: Tempt's owner searches for X-1 lands (X number of opponents)

Notes: This is a great card but it is unplayable in commander due to this bug (removing) part of the balance when exploited. Whatever severity / priority you have it as currently in database please increase as this has been know for 3-4++ years.

Zarathulhu

About once every 10 games I see this and have an opportunity to abuse the bug as 3rd player. I also link the thread to upvote and decline the offer. People still don't bother to come upvote enough.

Neo001992

Had an opponent cast this in a recent game. First opponent got an extra land, the other opponent and myself both declined, and the caster didn't get their extra land. This card shows up frequently enough in the format that it feels almost exploitative when you find yourself being the third opponent. Choosing not to search denies all possible extra lands the caster should be getting while rewarding the first two opponents for always choosing to search since it's a free land as long as the last opponent says no.

ManaDrainThis

Had an opponent cast this in a recent game. First opponent got an extra land, the other opponent and myself both declined, and the caster didn't get their extra land. This card shows up frequently enough in the format that it feels almost exploitative when you find yourself being the third opponent. Choosing not to search denies all possible extra lands the caster should be getting while rewarding the first two opponents for always choosing to search since it's a free land as long as the last opponent says no.
Yeah that’s an exploit.