Bring Back 64-Player Single-Elimination Drafts

Nahiri

In the past, MTGO used to have larger 64-person single elimination drafts. I would love to see these return, or any other kind of tournament support. As it is, getting good at a draft format feels very unrewarding because there are no draft tournaments of any kind on MTGO.

(I am aware that Sealed events have a draft after cutting to top8, but I find Sealed to be a completely different format)

Last edited by a moderator:

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
In the past, MTGO used to have larger 64-person single elimination drafts. I would love to see these return, or any other kind of tournament support. As it is, getting good at a draft format feels very unrewarding because there are no draft tournaments of any kind on MTGO.

(I am aware that Sealed events have a draft after cutting to top8, but I find Sealed to be a completely different format)
These events proved tricky in the past, as we ideally want all 64 seats to fill before firing it. Also, finding time slots to gather 64 players who want to commit 6 hours to playing (but could also be eliminated within 1 hour) and also dodge other Premier events is a challenge.

With all that said, it's probably worth an experiment.