Confirmed As Foretold + Electrodominance

ZeroForever

Casting Electrodominance, with an As Foretold having 3 or more counters on it, should let you cast a 0 cost spell from your hand at instant speed. This interaction never happens and MTGO doesnt give me the option.

Upvote 0

ZeroForever

Event 259021349
Game 839267068

Per the rules, when i cast electro dominance with As for told, x is supposed to be 0. The client prompts me to cast a card in my hand that costs 0, and the card i should be able to cast i greyed out. please fix.

ZeroForever

107.3b If a player is casting a spell that has an {X} in its mana cost, the value of X isn’t defined by the text of that spell, and an effect lets that player cast that spell while paying neither its mana cost nor an alternative cost that includes X, then the only legal choice for X is 0. This doesn’t apply to effects that only reduce a cost, even if they reduce it to zero.

Cursive

I also think that As Foretold and Finale of Promise is not working as intended. When you cast a Finale of Promise off the As Foretold with 2 or more counters on it, the Finale of Promise gives you the option to cast instants and sorceries in your graveyard equal to or less than the number of counters on As Foretold rather than the mandatory value for X spells which should be 0.

ZeroForever

I also think that As Foretold and Finale of Promise is not working as intended. When you cast a Finale of Promise off the As Foretold with 2 or more counters on it, the Finale of Promise gives you the option to cast instants and sorceries in your graveyard equal to or less than the number of counters on As Foretold rather than the mandatory value for X spells which should be 0.
make sure to upvote the post!