Allow hosts of games to set up rule 0 modifications in the Commander Free Play room.

MagicalHacker

I am suggesting a list of toggle-able modifications that someone hosting a Commander game in the Free Play room can select from, include the following:

1. Additional legalization checks. This would allow people to play Pioneer Commander, Modern Commander, Artisan Commander (commons/uncommons only), and the format newly popularized by Sheldon Menery resulting in its addition to Scryfall and Moxfield, PreDH.
2. Concession limitations. Many players find the ease of concession to be a downside to the amount of fun that they have, so it would be nice to add a button that makes players agree to not concede in order to join the room.
3. Modified banlist. Allowing the host to modify the banlist for a hosted game might allow players to experience what makes a banned card worthy of being banned, and it also allows players to experience what a game might be like if another card was added to the banlist.
4. Other agreements. If someone wants to prevent playing against a chaos deck, they might also put a disclaimer that people need to agree in order to sign up into the game.

These are important features that all fall under this one umbrella, and I hope to see most/all of them implemented in the near future!

ManaDrainThis

I like this idea. Unsure about concession limitations though. I think we have to allow players a window to gracefully concede. Otherwise they’ll find other, much more annoying ways to do it (purposeful stalling, etc.)

MagicalHacker

I like this idea. Unsure about concession limitations though. I think we have to allow players a window to gracefully concede. Otherwise they’ll find other, much more annoying ways to do it (purposeful stalling, etc.)
That is very true! I was thinking the other option besides conceding in this case was hosting a game or joining a game where that isn't a consideration. It would be nice to help facilitate people joining up into pods with other like-minded players, such that the players who value being able to concede play with each other and the players who dislike other players conceding play with each other.