Adding winget support

civmasters

Hello, this is my first post and I used the search tool before posting. I hope everything is alright.

I would like to suggest that winget support should be added to MTGO. It seems that MTGA support was already added.

Winget is a tool withing Windows that can handle and automate the installation and update processes for many softwares. It's quite easy for independent software vendors (such as Daybreak) to distribute their software and updates through winget, provided that they already use Windows Packet Manager with MSIX, MSI or EXE formats. That seems to already be the case.

The pros are easier installation and updates for Windows users that are already benefitting from the winget functionalities. Microsoft has been improving this tool consistently and it seems that they might even increase its integration with other Windows features, such as the MS store and Windows update.

The cons are just basic package manifest creation. It's really nothing too complicated. The provided links should have all the info needed, so, to keep my suggestion concise, read them and the https://winget.pro/ if you need to consider using it internally before deciding to add public support.