Declined Ability to record a macro/loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewPCabra666

One of the only downsides to play MTGO vs paper magic is the inability to execute deterministic/semi-deterministic game loops without an absurd amount of clicking or clock management.
The suggestion is to essentially make a loop recorder. That would allow a player to demonstrate the steps of a loop (ie: do the first iteration), and then you would propose to the opponent the loop. They then have the ability to declare when they would like to interact in the loop. At any point of interaction the player executing can either continue or remove the loop.
This along with saved targets and auto-yielding to triggers would allow for many decks that are currently dangerous to play on MTGO competitively to be more viable.
It would also be fantastic for commander and other formats to have a limited loop capability like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

PyotrPavel

This would greatly benefit MTGO and definitely there are many decks that could be more played online and are too problematic to manage without having the ability, present in tabletop, to shortcut these loops.

chadroxx

it takes forever to go infinite mana with basalt monolith and rings of brighthearth. Please change that. If I want it to be endless give me the chance to say that I want to repeat the following steps like 1.000.000 times. Some opponents don't give up because they want to force a time out what is disrespectful and rude.

Erase if this post is not wished

chadroxx

it takes forever to go infinite mana with basalt monolith and rings of brighthearth. Please change that. If I want it to be endless give me the chance to say that I want to repeat the following steps like 1.000.000 times. Some opponents don't give up because they want to force a time out what is disrespectful and rude.

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
This is firmly in Backlog territory for now. Again, whenever we get to a happy place with more total team bandwidth, we'll re-visit this. Still worth up-voting

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
Thank you all for your input!

Macros and loop recordings are beyond the scope of what we can reasonably get into the client - the amount of work involved in getting it right doesn't match the relative time savings/deck enablings it would provide.

While not yet prioritized, we will add to our backlog ideas on other ways we can iterate on existing functions to improve how loop situations can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.