Search results

1. P

MTGO Treasure Chest System is unsustainable: an open letter to Daybreak

Very well put and many interesting suggestions. I think an additional solution to preserve chest prices is to add more valuable cards in the treasure chest updates, and we'll see soon if that's being done (chest update coming this week, perhaps even today). As an example, I was surprised to find...
  2. P

Warhammer 40K Update

Excellent, I'm so happy I may cry a little. ;) Thanks Tony and all!
  3. P

Is the game more laggy than it used to be?

Yesterday I noticed that many card images weren't loading, and the client seemed to be freezing again. Maybe they are part of the reason why the system freezes, or maybe they were inactivated as a part of trouble shooting, Idk.
  4. P

Is the game more laggy than it used to be?

I have the same perception and I'm also a European player. I've noticed recently that often when changing something on the screen, like entering sideboarding in between games, or when changing deck in the collection view, the cards get grayed out and I need to wait a while before I can change...
  5. P

Warhammer 40K Update

Time flies. It's almost February now, and to little surprise I haven't heard anything about the licensing issue being solved. So it may be a good idea to reserve those card names in the database now.
  6. P

Warhammer 40K Update

You may be right that they won't do it. I just explain how they could do it with just a couple of hours of extra work. And I don't see a fundamental challenge with introducing temporary cards, it's just a pragmatic solution to the problem. Then, what seems to be simple often turns out not to be...
  7. P

Warhammer 40K Update

Thanks for the comments, SDBobPlissken and FGC! I agree with both of your comments. I have two suggestions for dealing with the business issue of reduced value, due to the interim solution, during the full WH40K set release. Perhaps a combination would work even. As MTGO_Tony described the...
  8. P

Warhammer 40K Update

I see, ok thanks Tony for your clear answer explaning these perspectives!
  9. P

Warhammer 40K Update

I realized that an important point I made in the disadvantages section should actually be added to advantages. So I've added that point below, last among the advantages. I also wonder if I should repost in another section of the forum, the one for suggestions, instead of replying to an existing...
  10. P

Warhammer 40K Update

Oh, I can't edit the post anymore. Anyway here's one more post, mentioning Mawloc: https://forums.mtgo.com/index.php?threads/requested-vintage-cube-updates.477/post-1144
  11. P

Warhammer 40K Update

I was going to create a new thread but I suppose I might as well use this one since it illustrates that this is a concern for the community. For Legacy and potentially Commander players, at least. I suppose there are many threads on this topic, I may come back and update this post with links to...
  12. P

Fixed Karn, Scion of Urza - skipped draw step bug.

It also happend to me in match # 258269516 game # 836161260.
  13. P

Requesting lower cost alternatives to leagues

But that's already happening, right? I mentioned an example of that, but I don't have the full picture of how MTGO tends to work. I think acknowledging that there is a problem shouldn't be a reason to not act to try to reduce the problem. Additionally, I think there is a logical twist here...
  14. P

Good to hear, thanks for your support!
  15. P

Thanks for your suggestions! Yes, dividing the player pool will be an issue. And only testing will tell if it might grow the player base in the end. But for me, I'm pretty sure it would. Also, there is a fair chance that there will be more fun decks in the low cost league, and that might...
  16. P

I had a discussion with another MTGO player and it turned out both of us found leagues prohibitively expensive to enter. If I go to the LGS, local game store, and play a 4 round Legacy tournament, that usually costs the equivalent of about 3-5 tickets. I'm not sure why MTGO needs to be more...