Search results

1. E

Allow Us To Block Chat

I'll say it again, you really need to get out more lol. I've seen people reach over and literally break someone's fingers for trying to claim something was a misplay and undo it when that undo would have cost the other guy the match when money was on the line. I recommend you when you travel...
  2. E

Slowplay penalties

It was never meant to go anywhere, it's not a competition lol, it's just two people discussing something. You know people actually do that as hard as it seems for you to believe. Not everyone is rational and sometimes there are rational reasons for such items, not everyone has your...
  3. E

Allow Us To Block Chat

Have I personally did it, no. Have I personally seen it, yes. The world functions on respect and escalation of violence for the most part. You should get out more. Ask yourself about the MTGO streamer who got swatted a couple years ago and almost killed. Or the MTGO sole income grinders in...
  4. E

A way to stack all triggers regardless of source

Well yeah technically activated abilities "trigger" after the action but Hasbro doesn't see it that way nor should they as it just muddies the issue to call things "automatic triggers and manual activated triggers". It's just easier we all agree to use the short hand "triggered" and "activated"...
  5. E

Slowplay penalties

It's a reason why I suggested, as a way to compensate, a "thinking" button which people can hit to give themselves 30 more seconds (and you can keep hitting it). It forces a game / client action, lets you think, and annoys the guy trying to stall as they have to keep doing it. I do agree with...
  6. E

Allow Us To Block Chat

Of course it is, that is how society works, it's called social cues. Generally we prefer those, though I will admit less so each year in the USA, over things like putting someone in prison for the felony of "saying things I don't want to hear". And when social cues are missed, unfortunately...
  7. E

Slowplay penalties

Stalling is warranted in cases, that is completely independent of what we are discussing here which is "how long should people be allowed to stall behind they effectively are giving a game loss for slow play". And yes because stalling is complex sometimes it's warranted, sometimes it's not...
  8. E

Allow Us To Block Chat

" You feel that "anti-social behaviour" is when a person plays a deck you dont like and you feel that verbal harassment is the only way you can communicate this." You seem to confuse feedback with harassment. Silent quits accomplish nothing as it doesn't tell you "why" the person quit hence...
  9. E

Slowplay penalties

Going to have to agree with the OP in that something needs to be done though it needs to be multifaceted and contextualized, i.e. to ChaoticRepears point, time is a resources but really only in paid played, in non-paid it's not in practice hence any discussed fix really needs to acknowledge...
  10. E

A way to stack all triggers regardless of source

It used to work Aemniamflare but broke around maybe 2020, 2021. An ability is something that is activated. A great example which is more common which Bryan spoke about is something like multiple Aether Vials. The client should (and used to) allow you to just autostack them and then auto...
  11. E

Allow Us To Block Chat

Someone likes to put words in my mouth. The answer of course is magic, outside paid play, is a social game, you don't get to choose not to listen, you get to choose not to show up. If you don't like the local culture, feel free to exercise your right to not associate. Once again, verbal...
  12. E

Allow Us To Block Chat

"The fact my opponent retaliate against me for intentionally disrespecting and devaluing them like the Untermensch I think they are is insaaaane to me. Please mommy Hasbro fix it so dozens of notifications I rightly deserve each day don't trigger me because negative feedback that holds me...
  13. E

Allow Us To Block Chat

No, I'm saying that because Hasbro purposely designed MTGO in a way to prevent the necessary social cues you experience IRL groups from policing bad behavior from it's players who routinely devalue and disrespect their opponents and hence things like verbal communication and wasting your time in...
  14. E

Allow Us To Block Chat

Right because IRL you wouldn't play decks that basically every one hates to play against at your LGS because you would quickly find yourself blacklisted and unwelcome in the store or unable to get an opponent especially after a friendly warning or two from the locals after you committed your...
  15. E

Allow Us To Block Chat

Pot black my passive aggressive friend. It's why people don't get honest feedback anymore, because they ask, people give, and then white knights jump out the woodwork to try and defend them cuz you know, they are inferior so need your superior brave self to impose upon them the soft...
  16. E

Allow Us To Block Chat

Play the AI if you can't take two seconds of your life to be polite. Imagining showing up to your LGS or a tourney and refusing to even acknowledge anyone else's existence. Magic is a multiplayer game, that involves basic niceties. If a person saying hi triggers you, maybe find a new a game...
  17. E

Setting to remove moving blue outline on left window

Yeah I reported a "bug" on this as well as it gives me severe headaches, they (support) said to pile on this thread. I don't care if they leave it enabled by default it should have a UI option like they do for summoning sickness and could to disable as some people are sensitive to flashy lights.