Confirmed Dauntless bodyguard bug (visual)

neb12r

Game ID
Screenshot or Video
  1. 1 or more
A removal spell was placed on the stack targeting one of my creatures (that has the same name as another creature on my battlefield). Usually you can hover over Dauntless Bodyguard to see which creature it is protecting, but I could not for some reason this time. I was forced to take a 50/50 chance on protecting the creature as it was important to my overall gameplan. In paper I could clarify with my opponent which one was being targeted, but can't due to the nature of MTGO. I may still have lost the match, but this absolutely cemented that I would.

(In the image attached I am hovering over the Dauntless Bodyguard)

Upvote 2

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
Replay shows that hovering over the Dauntless Bodyguard shows the Priest it's protecting (the other one is greyed out) at all times except when something is on the stack - that's unfortunate.

Neo001992

Replay shows that hovering over the Dauntless Bodyguard shows the Priest it's protecting (the other one is greyed out) at all times except when something is on the stack - that's unfortunate.
Well ain't that a kick in the head. It works right up until something happens when you need to know. Hopefully that wont be a hard fix.