Implemented Allow Duplicates in Supreme Draft

Hi!

Last time supreme vintage cube was offered something had changed to make it so you'd never see duplicate cards, as opposed to previous offerings where every pack was randomly pulled from the full cube, allowing duplicates. I do not know if this was intentional but I suspect it was not as this was never announced or acknowledged (but since I'm not 100% sure I'm putting this here rather than in bug reports). I and many others found this to be a much worse experience, as not only was part of the fun getting multiples of certain powerful cards, but much more importantly since the number of packs means you open half the cube every time the decks would end up being incredibly similar, and I saw much less variety in both my own and opponents decks that time around.

Seeing as supreme vintage cube is coming in a few weeks I would greatly appreciate if this was reversed to the original behavior provided it hasn't already.

Thanks for considering!

Last edited:

MTGO_TonyM

Developer
We talked it over and we will indeed go back to the original (2020) form of this where you are opening 1 pack from 18 different copies of the Cube - so it'll be possible to get multiple Lotuses, Mox, or anything else

We talked it over and we will indeed go back to the original (2020) form of this where you are opening 1 pack from 18 different copies of the Cube - so it'll be possible to get multiple Lotuses, Mox, or anything else
Did this really happen? I've played through a whole league and have yet to see any duplicates.

MrSalmonella

It definitely didn’t happen. I’ve done about 10 drafts so far and no duplicates. They had a lot of issues deploying the format so I don’t know if that affected it.