Recent content by vandwedge

1. V

In Consideration throwback vintage cube

That would be fun too! Would be happy to try either or both. I will say my idea requires way less work to set up haha.
  2. V

In Consideration throwback vintage cube

What if you ran a weeklong vintage cube using a list from its early years, like 2016 or so?
  3. V

Garth One-Eye

I didn't know when Garth One-Eye was first spoiled... he's the protagonist of the first ever MtG novel, "Arena" from 1994! Spoiler-free review: Garth is a "man with no name" type character, a morally ambiguous tough-guy loner who wanders into a crooked town to clean it up a little, all while...
  4. V

Where to begin?

This may or may not be the best approach. What I did is picked the novel from the era whose cards I know best. That way, when I read about characters and things, I have a feel for who they are already and the story means more. That said, it's risky as the quality of the novels varies WILDLY. If...
  5. V

Allow Us To Block Chat

I think it's a good idea, anyway! Nearly the only messages I ever receive are "gl hf," "ggs," and aggression/rage/insults (the latter usually right when I win a match). I can only imagine how much worse it gets when you have an overtly feminine screenname. The current "ignore chat" feature is...
  6. V

Setting to remove moving blue outline on left window

Yes, this "improvement" is horrible. Since its inception, MtGO has had a clean and static appearance. If we want obnoxious animations we would play Arena.
  7. V

Fixed dragging a reserved card should not deselect it (it didn't used to)

i noticed a minor but irritating change to the draft screen my habit is, while i'm browsing a pack, i'll click the card that most interests me to reserve it, then when i'm done browsing, i'll drag that card into my deck. it's worked for years. but now when i try to drag a reserved card, it gets...
  8. V

can you not make my preferences reset every time MtGO updates

I shouldn't have to keep adjusting them every week.
  9. V

Can you put MtGO announcements in the MtGO Announcements article, not in the Commander Masters article?

I'm not interested in Commander so I don't click those articles. Because of this, I nearly missed the "alternate play schedule" section and its 64-queue announcement, which was does not pertain to Commander, and was not in the MtGO Weekly Announcements article (posted on the same day).
  10. V

Old School and PreModern filters and support.

Oh yeah, Premodern getting the attention of a sanctioned format would be amazing. I know there's a market for it. If people are playing MtGO instead of Arena, it's usually because they like old cards, and premodern is THE way to interact with them. As for Daybreak's benefit, I've spent more on...
  11. V

bring back summer cube

This is the first summer not to have an MtGO cube since I started cubing years ago. Between public school & college students, I think a large percent of your user base has summers off—isn't this the ideal time to run cube?
  12. V

Declined weekly maintenance earlier in the day

WotC used to do these wednesday morning, so they'd be finished before people got home from school or work. Is this feasible to still do? Today's maintenance still isn't done and my bedtime is in 2 hours.
  13. V

requested vintage cube updates

I'm liking Miscalculation and Rolling Earthquake as they are, but the rest of your list I'm on board with. Cube could definitely use 1 or 2 domain cards, especially with the triomes running around. Some other random additions I thought of: Polymorph Tarmogoyf (it was weak the last time around...
  14. V

requested vintage cube updates

For sure a difficulty with curating vintage cube is that different players want different things. I personally like initiative, but don't recommend it at the moment since white aggro is already overpowered and doesn't need a boost. (I also disagree that cube is "in shambles" right now... I...